KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

Journal 5/08/13

jasonhschechter
    jasonhschechter

Journal 5/08/13 Empty Journal 5/08/13

Post by jasonhschechter Wed May 08, 2013 11:54 pm

IF YOU HAVE NOT VOTED FOR USAC ELECTIONS, DO IT ASAP!!! CHOOSE THE RIGHT LEADERS TO REPRESENT YOUR VOICE IN STUDENT ELECTIONS. GO BRUINS UNITED AND GO AVI OVED AND SUNNY SINGH.
    I slept in today in order to offset the sleep deprivation that I incurred over the last few days. I am glad that I can catch up on sleep now that my two midterms are done. After sleeping in I worked on cold calls and emails for the elections. I am very worried that my good friend Avi Oved will not win the election, because his opponent has a large student organization base of ethnic backgrounds. I feel as if there is a great deficit that he must make up in order to win the election for Internal Vice President. If he does not win, I think that I will cry.
    I went to my history of minority magicians class today in which there was a guest speaker. Her name was Jane Holgrass and is a director of affairs at the Magic Castle in Hollywood. She was a performer for 13 years and now works in a directorial position. She showed us some great magic tricks, such as a coin passing through someone’s hand, letters appearing on a normal postcard, and blocks that seemed to defy logic. This was a great experience and I am happy that I chose the class for this quarter.
    I then went home and showered in anticipation for the professional event at Boelter today at 6. I was excited for this panel, as it is very relevant to my questions about the nature of a profession in law. I think I gained a great deal of insight from what the panelists talked about. I especially enjoyed Mr. Iverson’s account of public defense law. He was very humorous and his engaging stories shed light on what he did. I think that I will never go into public defense. It sounds extremely emotionally draining and I do not think I could work extremely hard to prove that a man is innocent, only for him to be sentenced to death. The stakes are too high in that type of profession. I will go to sleep early tonight after apartment storming for the election.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 10:05 pm