KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

30-04-2013

Sailesh

30-04-2013 Empty 30-04-2013

Post by Sailesh Wed May 01, 2013 1:22 am

Today was a really exhausting day as I barely got any sleep last night. The amount of coffee that went down my throat today would definitely be enough to sink a boat. I tried so many different types that the barista must have been wondering why my name popped up so many times on so many different cups. I went so far as to order four different types of coffee at one point. My aim was to see which one woke me up the most. I realized too late that this was one of the stupidest ideas I have ever come up with as each successive cup would naturally make me wake up more and more and that it is impossible to tell which one had the most effect. Being even more of a clot I then tried the same thing with food but this time to see what tasted the best. I guess I thought this through a little better as with food it is possible to tell the difference in taste no matter how much you eat. I decided to get a fruit cup, a plain bagel, an odwalla bar and a banana. I came to the conclusion that the fruit cup is definitely the best food for when I am tired.
    After my frightfully filling breakfast I popped into work for a mo. Today was definitely one of the most productive days for me as I actually got through what I normally do in a week, in one day. I was so pleased with myself when I left work that I ended up back at Kerckhoff for round two of breakfast. After this I ran to office hours to make sure that my professor knew that I wasn’t going to be in class today. Recently she has been very particular about attendance as half the class normally doesn’t turn up and doesn't explain their absence to her either. I then sprinted back to the patio for an interview. It was one of the fastest interviews I've had so far even though it took the whole hour. I think it was because I was so high on caffeine that time was flying bye without me even noticing. Thinking about it now I think I spoke super quickly too.
    After my interview I went to an important class. With the midterm on Thursday it was super interesting to see how everyone was paying close attention to every word the professor had to say. I think some people might have copied down every word that came out of his mouth. If someone did manage every word then props to them as the professor spoke quickly and continuously for well over an hour. Personally I feel that a lot of the stuff he says is off topic therefore I listen to his lectures almost as if he is playing a game. My aim is to copy down only the relevant stuff and ignore what he is saying when he is going off on a tangent.
    After class I had a little time before the pledge meeting. I used this time to rest and collect my thoughts. During the meeting it was interesting to see how my pledge brothers were reacting to the stress of midterms. It also made me realize that we have a lot coming up in the near future. Personally I’m excited by some of the upcoming events. The food my big got me was awesome but the best bit was the bottle of Voss. It was so classy but it also reminded me of home as the restaurants around where I live only served Voss water. I’m sure tomorrow will be less tiring and more interesting in terms of class and work.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:18 pm