KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

Journal Entry #5

Tyler J.

Journal Entry #5 Empty Journal Entry #5

Post by Tyler J. Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:02 am

Jesus Christ, what a weekend. I mean, I don’t know where to begin. There’s just too many things to mention. The ride over, the bonding, the tight space, the inside jokes, the candid moments, all deserve their own six hundred word entries. Despite the wealth of things to write about, this journal has actually been the hardest for me to write. I kept on putting it off because it’s not just something I can B.S. This wasn’t just some random, uneventful weekend that I can drone on and on about monotonously; this was a once in a life time experience of getting closer to a group of people than I have for a long time. And because of that, this journal can’t just be typed up to fulfill a word limit. Saturday started off in a rather odd manner. I’m pretty sure I was blind folded and being led around the house when the clock struck midnight, which is not usually how my days being. The blind fold activity was fun, actually, but a little bit confusing., especially the end, where Miss Ho and Miss Shahinian were telling us to take our blindfolds off. Everyone thought that this was just another test, so there we kept them on for a while, which in hindsight was rather humorous. After that, we got the clues for out bigs, which was really interesting to watch. I knew mine immediately, but it took some people quite a bit of thought to figure theirs out. After some more chilling, we played the five questions game, which was unexpectedly amazing. Usually whenever I play those sorts of games, I don’t get too involved and it’s pretty rare to get candid answers, but it looked like every really bared their soul that night, and I really appreciated it. I was really amazed at how diverse our class was and how incredible the life stories of some of the people were. Even people that I’ve known from before revealed things that I never would have guessed just by talking with them. The one downside of this candor was the fact that it kept us up into the wee hours of the morning, but I think it was worth it. The next day we got up surprisingly late. I was expecting some sort of terrible time, like 8 in the morning, but we were allowed to sleep in until 10ish. After that, we had breakfast, which was surprisingly good. I ended up eating far too many hash browns simply because I don’t like letting food go to waste. Although, I don’t know why eating it makes it any better. I mean, 90% of the time I eat something to prevent it from being thrown away I’m full already, so why does that not count as wasting it? Oh well, those types of philosophical questions will have to wait for some other time. Talking with the alumni was actually the low point for me. Despite being promised candor, we were given the same sort of vague run arounds and occasional lies that we got from the actives. While I shouldn’t have expected more, considering that they’re going to be much more connected to the brothers than us, it was still annoying to be promised one thing and then delivered another. After the alumni talked, we went out to the beach and played those two games. That was pretty fun and it was so gorgeous outside. Sadly, we didn’t get to spend too much time outside, but it was awesome while it lasted. Lastly, my big is awesome and I’m super pumped to have, and I’d write more but since I’m following your advice I can’t.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:11 am