KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

Journal Entry 4-16-13

yseo

Journal Entry 4-16-13 Empty Journal Entry 4-16-13

Post by yseo Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:14 am

Today we had our first pledge class meeting. I went into the meeting quite tired because Tuesdays are one of my busiest days. I had to wake up at around 9 am this morning. I needed to get some reading done before a discussion section for my history class. On Tuesdays I have three classes and lectures back to back from 12:30 to 5. After my last class I had to bolt to Ackerman and change to professional attire. Since I was already wearing business casual attire I only had to add a tie and a jacket to my outfit. However, I am not very experienced with ties. I had to search on the internet for instructions on how to tie a tie and teach myself. After numerous attempts I was finally able to tie a tie to a somewhat satisfactory level. With about 30 minutes left until the meeting I got a cup of coffee in order to wake myself up.

Everyone in the Chi pledge class (except one person who had a good reason) showed up to the meeting on time and in professional attire. The beginning of the meeting consisted of mostly reading from the binder. Our pledge class learned of what we are expected to accomplish during our pledge period. I knew that pledging would require a lot of time but now that it has become my reality I realize that it will take a lot more effort and energy than I had thought. Then we were given sheets where we list the actives in order of who we want to be our big brother. I wonder when we will learn who our big brothers will be. The rest of the meeting was dedicated to sharing ideas about and planning the dinner that our class will serve. We need to prepare dinner for everyone in the fraternity this Saturday at the retreat. Planning the dinner was a lot of work. Hopefully our efforts will result in a successful and delicious dinner.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:13 am