KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

2 posters

Journal Entry 4/16/13

jasonhschechter
    jasonhschechter

Journal Entry 4/16/13 Empty Journal Entry 4/16/13

Post by jasonhschechter Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:53 am

Today truly marks the beginning of my pledge quarter in the Kappa Alpha Pi fraternity. Tonight we met from 6pm to 9pm and discussed the logistics and specifics of our pledge quarter. Ms. Shahinian and Ms. Ho gave our pledge class an overview of our binders for the pledge quarter. These binders are crucial to carry around at all times (as with wearing our pledge pins) other than when we sleep, do sports, have sex, drink, or shower. These binders contain much of the crucial information regarding pledging and specifics of the fraternity. Over the next six to eight weeks, we will use the binders every day to make sure that we are meeting/exceeding the standards of the brothers of Kappa Alpha Pi.
    New member information about pledge manual, pledge pin, meetings, dues, professional dress, handshakes, twins, quizzes, journals, interviews, Chi board assignments, events, retreat, social event, brotherhood event, professional assignment, philanthropy, fundraising assignment, mandatory study hours, missions, conduct, and discipline was read aloud during the meeting. We also were given twins for the rest of the pledge quarter. My twin is Bryon Alvarez, which is very exciting.
    I signed a couple of documents including a no hazing policy and a liability release form for retreat. We also listed our preference of big brothers. I hope I get one of my top choices for this. Following all of this, we were tasked to budget and plan for a meal that we will make for the fraternity during retreat. Our budget was denied, so we will need to work on revising it. We ended the meeting by going to the brotherhood meeting and introducing ourselves. I hope that I will one day be on the other side of the room in that meeting, watching new pledges introduce themselves.
    I was given the task of typing up the roster of the pledge class’ names, majors, years, and hometowns and sending them to Ms. Shahinian via e-mail. I completed this assignment right before writing this journal entry.
    Admin
    Admin

Journal Entry 4/16/13 Empty Re: Journal Entry 4/16/13

Post by Admin Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:59 am

Nice portrait.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:10 am