KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

Journal about Jake

megdavis

Journal about Jake  Empty Journal about Jake

Post by megdavis Sun May 19, 2013 10:32 pm

I think it’s pretty safe to say that I wouldn’t have met Jake Meninga if I hadn’t pledged Kappa Alpha Pi, but I’m certainly glad that I did. He has a really calm demeanor, which I think is really beneficial to us as a pledge class. Or at least, I know it’s really helpful for me. I have a tendency to get stressed easily, so talking to him about pledging and everything we need to get done definitely helps me keep my perspective. He’s also really funny. He tells interesting stories and always manages to make us laugh. I mean, words cannot even describe how hilarious he was during our sexy photo shoot mission. If you’ve seen our Gangnam Style music video, you can at least get a glimpse into it. I think it’s pretty interesting that he is able to provide both of these aspects of his personality to our pledge class: a sense of calming as well as comic relief. Not many people can exude both of these vibes so fully, but Jake manages to. Aside from this, he is also always extremely helpful and always willing to do everything he can to help out and make things easier on all of us. He’s offered us his apartment many times, which I think is really generous. It can’t be easy to open up your apartment to dozens of people, and he always does it without hesitation. He’s also gone shopping for us more times than I can count. Every event that has required a trip to the store, Jake has taken the time to go. Even when we just want to do something for Brotherhood that isn’t officially elated to the pledge process, he’s the first to offer to go shopping. Even small things like that can say a lot about a person and their willingness to give to others, especially considering he does these things without ever being asked.

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 11:31 pm