KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

Journal (5/30):

carmona

Journal (5/30): Empty Journal (5/30):

Post by carmona Thu May 30, 2013 3:00 pm

I’m really excited about this extension on my paper that my TA gave me. Instead of having my paper due tomorrow on two novels that I’m very “eh” about, I will get to do my essay on the two novels we are wrapping up with next week, meaning my paper won’t be due until June 7th. I was telling my roommate this earlier that this is the last week of pledging and I really want to put in a good final effort, and I can’t do that if I have a paper dwindling over my head. And because I am more interested in the two novels that we are covering in the last week of class, I felt it was not only necessary, but also prudent for me if I got the extension and did my paper on the last two novels that we are covering. Partly, it had to do with the fact that I really REALLY needed that extension, but the other part is that the last two novels that we’re covering in class really are my all-time favorite Jane Austen novels. I relate to them the most out of all the Austen novels we’ve covered and I truly do believe that waiting to hear what my professor has to say about both and then writing my paper would be better than writing a highly stressed essay on two novels I’m not too psyched about that’s due tomorrow. It just seemed to work out better. And now I can really focus on these last three days of pledging. I’ve been working on the finishing touches of my speech for my Twin, and I really think it’s coming along very well. I know the theme of my speech and really think that as it comes together I will feel more confident about what I have to say. I’m not good at making speeches…I actually really suck at them. But the thing of the matter is that I really want to be good at them. In my group of friends, I am the one who talks the most and for some reason I am also the one who talks with the most passion about things I truly believe in and what not. But when it comes to public speaking, I just get really tongue tied. It’s almost an out of body experience when it comes to public speaking. I’m not in the right head space and I can’t seem to get myself to focus all that well. And it’s not as if I’ve been ignoring the problem. I try to fix it, but it just doesn’t work out too well. Anyway, I just hope my point gets across is all. I think this is why I enjoy writing more than anything. I sound better when I write. It’s my mode of communication, and I like doing it. I always thought it was really funny when people said 600 word journals was too much, when really it takes about ten minutes to write one. And if I have a topic I’m really interested in that I can write on, then that’s even better. I guess it’s because I write for fun as well as for school all the time; for instance, right now, I am in the process of writing my novel with my best friend, and literally all we do when we hang out is stay glued to our laptops just typing away for hours. I guess I like writing because it is also cathartic. It really helps relieve the stress of a day if you just write it down and get your thoughts out on paper. When I’m done writing something, I feel a sense of relief that something has gotten done. Well, now that I’ve reached the limit, I’m going to write out my speech. I’m coming for you 5:30pm Twin Trial.

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 5:56 pm