KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

journal 5.14.13

megdavis

journal 5.14.13 Empty journal 5.14.13

Post by megdavis Tue May 14, 2013 6:31 pm

Vegan cookies are so delicious. I know they’re just from Bcaf and aren’t really supposed to be that big of a deal or anything, but it’s amazing the power they have over me. I can be having a horrible day and they can always turn it around at least slightly. Even if it’s personal problems, school problems, health problems, or any other kind of issue they still make a difference. I can’t help but wonder what that says about me. I mean that’s pretty sad, that I have such a pathetic obsession with a cookie that it can momentarily solve any life crisis. A cookie probably shouldn’t mean that much to anyone. Of course, there is always a positive spin to that. It could actually be a sign of me having great perspective. Maybe, what’s really going on here is not that a cookie is that important to me. Maybe I just recognize that problems have a way of working themselves out, and thus refuse to let them keep me from enjoying the simple pleasures in life. After all, the majority of the life problems that bothered me during high school have pretty much no consequence on my life anymore. And even if the ones that are still present, I have gotten better with learning how to deal with them. I can only assume that the same thing will happen with college, and that many of my current problems won’t be tormenting me ten years from now. I think it’s pretty safe to expect that. So, if this is true, why should I let such things get away of appreciating the delicousness of my vegan cookie? When I really think about it, it would just be silly for me to enjoy my wonderful treat less just because I’m frustrated or angry about something that is completely unrelated to what I am eating. I’m starting to think journals are pretty cool, I definitely never would have thought about my enjoyment of cookies to the point that I think it’s a good thing before.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:26 pm