KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

13-05-2013

lakhiasj

13-05-2013 Empty 13-05-2013

Post by lakhiasj Tue May 14, 2013 2:17 am

Today was a super busy day for me. I was up and running by 3:30 as I needed to get a tone of work out the way. It was really hard to keep my eyes open as I was so tired but I needed to stay awake. At about 5:30 I got ready and headed down to my other job at Kerckhoff coffee house. I love walking down to campus at that time as the sun is just coming up over the horizon and it is really beautiful. There are also not many people about, which makes the walk really peaceful. I was at work all morning which was really fun. Opening is kind of interesting as there are tons of people who are barely awake walking in and asking to be caffeinated. I feel like I’m doing a sort of public service by providing caffeine drinks to people and in turn helping them stay awake for class. During my break I decided to treat myself to a Jamba juice. I got the Strawberry Whirl which was delicious. I then finished up my shift before heading back to my dorm to study. I really needed to work hard to ensure that I was all set up for the rest of the week. I got through some studying for my Hindi class as the final is in the rapidly approaching 10th week. I then moved onto my history upper div class. It was really hard to work through the material as there was so much of it. I decided to take a little break around lunch time so that I could eat. Instead of watching a tv show or a movie while I ate I decided to eat in silence so that I could eat quickly. I then got back to work. I switched to my other history class as I didn’t want to spend all my time on the first one. I got through much more material with this class as its more organized in my notes. I then got ready in my suit and packed up my stuff. I began the long, hot walk down to campus. It was really interesting seeing how so many people were literally wearing nothing while I was dressed up in a full suit. By the time I got to campus I was baking in the heat. I remember walking into class and just basking in the cool air. Class itself was really interesting as we got to see pictures of ancient Byzantium. It made me want to visit the culturally filled city of Istanbul so that I could take in the history for myself. I then left class and went to the professional event. The first panel was incredible and the lawyers were so distinguished. The second panel provided a really good insight into what the admissions departments are looking for. I now know that I have to work harder as I want to be one of those stand out candidates that they will find it hard to say no too rather than a normal candidate. After the professional event I went to bcafe to grab some dinner. It was complete chaos as they had introduced a new menu and it was taking ages for them to bring out every single meal. In the end I just got a wrap and left because I have a tone of work to do. I then got back to my dorm and began a working dinner. I really want to finish all of this revision because I know that tomorrow will be an incredibly busy day too. I’m off to bed soon but I just need to start on my new book.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:04 pm