KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

Journal 5-13

BritLash

Journal 5-13 Empty Journal 5-13

Post by BritLash Tue May 14, 2013 2:12 am

Today started off pretty rough, but ended on a good note. I woke around 3am this morning to get ready for to take the van back to campus. My mom took me over to the meeting destination and then we said our goodbyes and I got into the van. On the way back to campus, I went to sleep and we arrived around 5:40. It was definitely a difficult task to get up the hill with the many bags I had to carry. I eventually made to Rieber and got into my room and went straight to sleep. I was only able to sleep for about an hour and fifteen minutes before I had to get back up to attend my Stats class. I was contemplating missing it, but I remembered I had a midterm on Wednesday and needed the review. I got ready and swiftly put my things in my back pack before heading down stairs and off to class. I walked in about 4 minutes late and sat next to my friend and floor mate, Joshue. The review wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be; in fact, it made me feel a little relieved because all the concepts seemed easy to me. When class ended, I awaited for my Poli Sci class to start. The first 20 minutes of class, Professor Sissa was expressing her frustration with people in the course for not doing the required reading and not showing up for class. She seemed really upset about the matters, but started finishing up our discussion about Bentham. I walked back t my room after class, thinking I was going to study with my friend Bobo on our lesson due tomorrow. Instead, Bobo decided to reschedule the meeting and I hung out in my room. I made a few more phone calls before studying for my tests. I took a break and went to Café 1919 for lunch and came back with my roommate Chloe. We talked about our weekends and Chloe’s paper she had to turn in. I finished my lunch and got ready to interview Ms. Scott. I met up with her by De Neve crosswalk and I believe we had a good interview. After the interview, I went to Bunche to help my pledge brothers film our MTV video for our mission. Without giving too much away, I can say that it was very theatrical and exaggerated, but overall funny. While doing our scenes, we were getting a plethora of looks both of confusion and amusement. Koya also did a great job filming and directing all the scenes. Once we finished, we all decided to get froyo at Nothern Lights before getting ready for tonight’s event. I left early to get back and shower. I was heading back out around 5:40 to meet up with Nick to walk over to the clubhouse. I enjoyed the stories and advice the guests speakers provided; I found that the stories were indirectly answering some for the questions I had for them. I also liked the contrast of being a judge from an attorney. I always played with the idea of becoming a judge in my head, but I wasn’t too sure of the differences. Lenique, Yeon, Nick, Olivia, and I went to the panel for the LSAT preparation in De Neve after Panel 1. Even though we just talked about similar things with Mr. Tejwani, it was beneficial to get different opinions and advice from LSAT instructors. I thought the breakdown of the different sections and questions within the test itself gave me an idea of what to work on.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:46 pm