KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

Journal for todayyyy!

CalineFarah

Journal for todayyyy! Empty Journal for todayyyy!

Post by CalineFarah Sun May 12, 2013 2:53 am

Journal
    Today was a very long day!! So I woke up feeling sick, and that was no good because I was to host the Lebanese Social Club's annual Culture Show! So I got something to eat and took some medicine. I felt pretty bad for a long time, and I was really worried I would not feel better. I went back to bed, because staying up was just going to make me feel worse. After waking, j felt way better, but really hungry! So my roommate and I went to brunch. I saw quite a few actives at De Neve, as well as my pledge Brother Koya! After eating I felt so much better! So I went up to my room and started memorizing my monologue! My friend Nada and I hosted the show, and we wrote a pretty fun monologue that had Lebanese humor that others would understand too. At around three, I gathered all my things and headed to Ackerman. We were all supposed to meet at three, but, as the Lebanese usually are, we were all pretty late.. I was still feeling kind of down, so I grabbed a smoothie with an energy boost from Jamba Juice. Nada and I rehearsed our monologue, and one-liners to introduce skits and performances. And we also rehearsed a little song, Be Our Guest from Beauty and the Beast (which is my favorite disney movie!).after rehearsing, we went to the restrooms and did our make up. My family got here around 6:30. My parents, brothers and cousins all came! So I met them, told them where to park, and walked them to Ackerman. I then went back stage and got dressed. I wore my prom dress because it was part of our act to be really dressed up. So I got dressed, everyone was doing some final touches and the show began around 7:15! First our president, Rayan, did a little welcome and introduced nada and I. Then performed our monologue. I was so happy that people laughed!! It was nice being up there! I really love to perform! Brought back a lot of high school Theater memories!! From there the show went on! People loved our skits, enjoyed the food, and laughed with us. My favorite part was our little Mother's Day tribute. We had a little skit, in which I played the mom, and a slide show compiled of pictures of us with our moms. It was very cute and my mom teared up! I was really happy to see my family. At intermission I saw that my pledge brother Yeon came! And he enjoyed it! So the show went on, and our last performance was the dabke, which is a traditional Lebanese dance. We had been working on it for so long! Overall the show was a success. And tons of fun! Everyone really enjoyed it and the food and all the funny skits! And now I am just really happy to be going home! I'm going to stay home until Wednesday. My mom is flying to Lebanon Wednesday afternoon, and she really needs my help these next few days. i really wish i could go with her, but i can not just leave school. maybe next year I can go. More like hopefully next year I can go! I really miss Lebanon and all my family and friends there. I have not seen them in so long. I especially miss my grandmas. I am really close to them, and I have not seen them in a few years. But hopefully soon enough I will! Well I am pooped! Good night!

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 10:23 pm