KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

11-05-2013

Sailesh

11-05-2013 Empty 11-05-2013

Post by Sailesh Sun May 12, 2013 1:54 am

Today began really as yesterday ended. I got back to my dorm really late last night but instead of sleeping I ended up chilling with my friends. By the time everyone was going to bed I had work to do. Luckily for me I was able to avoid phone conversations this morning. I instead stuck to doing the books as they don’t require constant attention. I’m sure that when I check them again tomorrow, none of what I wrote today will make any sense. After that I got ready, taking my sweet time, and then left my dorm. My pledge brother and I headed South of Wilshire for an interview with an active. This was super chilled and provided the perfect break to work. After the interview she awesomely dropped me to work at Kch. It was awesome today as there were literally no customers. Although some people get bored when there’s nothing to do, I actually enjoyed it. I think in large part that stemmed from the fact I really didn’t have the energy to interact with people earlier. One bit that was really annoying was when I spilt coffee on my arm. As it had been freshly brewed it was boiling and therefore scolded my arm. I blame the silly lids that we put on the cups. For some reason they don’t seem to fit properly and therefore when you squeeze the cup they pop open and coffee spills out. It was also super-hot today and therefore working with hot drinks can be unpleasant at times. I remember coming off work desperately wanting to have a cold shower. I also don’t like the smell of stale coffee on my clothes. After work I walked up the hill super slowly and went to Bcafe. I grabbed a tone of food and then headed up to my room. As soon as I got to my room I put my stuff down and jumped in the shower. Even though it was ice cold I still spent a good hour in there. I think I must have dozed off for a bit too because I remember my suitemate knocking on the door telling me to hurry the hell up. After my shower I sat down and ate all the food I got really slowly. For some reason each bite was better than the last so I wanted to drag it out for as long as I could. I ended up spending over an hour just eating. I then watched the cricket for a bit as I wanted to catch up with the weekend’s matches. Today was a big day for my home side and therefore I was really happy when they won. The game itself wasn’t even close as we were playing the team at the bottom of the table. After the cricket games I went to see some of my friends as I hadn’t really spent time with them all week. We just talked for ages and chilled. It’s amazing how everyone is super busy this quarter even though we’re all doing only 3 classes. We made plans for the summer as we needed to figure out what everyone was doing. After that I came back to my room and put on a movie. The movie itself was really bad but I was savoring the feeling of having nothing to do for the first time all week. When the movie was over I felt myself dozing off so I decided to go for a long walk around campus. Campus at night is seriously beautiful especially as it’s so quiet. Anyway I’m off to bed now!

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 5:59 pm