KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

11-05-2013

Cindy1

11-05-2013 Empty 11-05-2013

Post by Cindy1 Sun May 12, 2013 1:32 am

Today had a number of important events that took place. Firstly there were elections in Pakistan. It was the first time that a democratic government passed power onto another democratic government instead of the military taking power. The new Prime Minister is also a former PM that was overthrown by a military coup over a decade ago. Hopefully he does a better job than the last government as the country is suffering. There are also elections taking place in Bulgaria today. It was also announced that the new Star Wars films will be filmed in the UK. Hopefully all the cast have British accents as it will be soooo cool!!! HSBC released reports of a surge in profits as the number of bad loans they had on their accounts fell. This signals an increase in the healthiness of the big global banks and is a good sign for global recovery. I just hope that this time the banks will be more sensible/regulated in the actions so as to not mess up the economy for everyone. South Korea’s central bank also cut interest rates in an attempt to beef up the sluggish economy. This is not a good sign as it shows that while some economies are recovering, some are still suffering. Hopefully those that are recovering can provide a boost to those that are lagging. The International Space Station also had a leaky pump today. Two astronauts had to carry out a spacewalk in order to fix the problem. I can’t imagine doing that, moving without gravity, nothing but a simple cord holding me to life. The thought of death just beyond my visor terrifies me. Prince Harry is currently touring America and visiting important publicity sights. He did however avoid visiting Vegas as he had some issues with bad press when he was there last. One of the most important events today was the announcement by Paul Scholes that he was going to retire. The Manchester United player retired once already, a year and a half ago but returned to the game after the club went through a bad spell. His announcement comes just four days after Sir Alex Ferguson announced his retirement. The fact that Paul chose to retire now is a clear indication of his devotion to the greatest manager of all time. He is just short of 500 games for the club but he will continue to play an active part at the club, most likely in a training or mentor role. Another big shock today was the loss of Manchester City to Wigan Athletic in the FA cup final. It was literally incredible considering City is fighting for a top four place while Wigan is likely to be relegated. The game itself was surprisingly in Wigan’s favor as City were lackluster in nearly all areas. The amazing thing is that the cheapest player in the City team is probably worth more than the entire Wigan team put together. Barcelona also clinched the Spanish premier league title today. Real Madrid drew at Espanyol, resulting in the point difference being to great for them to catch up to Barca before the end of the season. A deadly blast occurred in Turkey today, killing many people. The trial of former Egyptian leader, Hosni Mubarak began again in Cairo today. The big European carrier, IAG also posted losses today. The reason for this is the Iberian arm of its operations. The carrier has been suffering from economic recession in Spain as well as increased competition from low cost airlines. Today was full of different events, hopefully tomorrow will be too!!

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 7:30 pm