KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

5/11/13 Journal

ohpowers

5/11/13 Journal Empty 5/11/13 Journal

Post by ohpowers Sat May 11, 2013 8:52 pm

Dear Journal,

Well today I was supposed to go shopping with my roommates but I ended up sleeping in and not going. But I honestly have the sweetest roommates they knew that I was really stressed out and things so they bought me a fashion magazine!! I love fashion magazines they are sooo awesome you know if I was not going to go to law school I would honestly try to break into the fashion industry. I really love fashion and seeing the new trends they are so gorgeous. Like the new model Barbara Palvin she is drop dead gorgeous I think she is a spoke person for L'oreal but I have been seeing her everywhere as of late. She is becoming one of my favorite models. I see all the time when I go on polyvore. Speaking of gorgeous people my friends and I were talking about super pretty people and how they can be intimidating. He was asking if gorgeous people intimidate me. I told him that it really depends on how the pretty person is caring them-self if they are acting ditzy and ridiculous I do not care how pretty you are you are not intimidating yeah that's how I feel about that. Who does intimidate me are sophisticated people. For me these people know what they want and are very respectable. And honestly being sophisticated in my mind makes you pretty. Sophistication is the best and that is why those are the people who are intimidating. Sometimes they seem really hard to approach because they have this air of excellence around them, maybe that is the reason that I am intimated by them. Right now I am listening the song troublemaker by Olly Murs because I really like this song. I have to think of a comparison essay between Interview with a vampire and Dracula. I have a paragraph from my Interview with the Vampire Essay that I am going to show you guys and hope that it matches with my theme. While Louis and Claudia are in Paris Claudia visits a doll shop and asks the owner of the shop to make a doll for her but not any doll a “lady doll”. When Claudia returns to the hotel to present the doll to Louis, there is something different with Claudia. “And then I saw what her still childish figure was doing: in one hand she held the doll, the other to her lips; and the hand that held the doll was crushing it, crushing it and popping it so it bobbed and broke in a heap of glass that fell now from her open, bloody hand onto the carpet” (Rice, Pg. 208). In this quote Rice uses repetition with the word crushing, along with alliteration when describing how Claudia destroyed the doll. The word crushing is repeated right after each other in order to emphasize Claudia’s detest for the doll. Crushing the doll signifies Claudia’s hatred for her current body which is a constant reminder that she is unable to become a woman. By crushing the doll she able to show Louis that she is no longer a child or a little girl despite the way her body may look. I was going to compare this to the way the women in Dracula are described. It is quite a contrast because they completely different personalities. Claudia is able to make decisions and comes off to have intelligence and she is also extremely beautiful. However in Dracula the women are not described to as intelligent except for Mina. But with this is Mina is never described as beautiful like Lucy, it is like if you are pretty you can’t be smart.
    Good Bye JOURNAL!

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 3:42 am