KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

journal 5.10.13

megdavis

journal 5.10.13 Empty journal 5.10.13

Post by megdavis Fri May 10, 2013 5:48 pm

If I could live anywhere in the world, it would probably be Portland, Oregon. Whether or not Enrique Iglesias is there wouldn’t affect that decision, but for the sake of this journal I hope he would be okay with it. I think it should work out pretty well, because there are plenty of bands that are based in Portland. Although a lot of them aren’t really in his genre, I’m sure he would still enjoy the opportunity to work with them and possibly be able to expand his music beyond everything it already encompasses. Plus, it’s probably pretty hard to dislike a place like Portland. It’s a major city in Oregon, so there will be plenty of things to do and see. It seems to be a lively place to live, and I’m sure Enrique would enjoy that vibe. What makes Portland special is that it is also so close to beautiful hikes and nature sights. So there is always going to be a nearby place to get a short escape from the hustle and bustle of the city. I think it’s an important thing to have a good mixture of environments or overall happiness. Either too much activity or too little activity can both be difficult to tolerate at times. Having the option to run around the busy city or to take a short hike and meditate by a waterfall is a hard thing to find. I feel like I grew up having both of these environments living in the small town of San Pedro but being so close to L.A., and I absolutely loved it. I think Portland takes it to a new level in that respect. Plus, I think it’s hard to be upset when you are so close to the beauty of the world. I know I don’t feel nearly as stressed or upset when I’m near the coastline or feeling the world around me swallowed up by the redwood trees.

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 2:35 pm