KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

May 9th, 2013

kmatsuno

May 9th, 2013 Empty May 9th, 2013

Post by kmatsuno Fri May 10, 2013 2:45 am

Jurassic Lark Lab
    Hunting Log: 2313
    Pre-Season Summary: Time traveler’s permit just arrived in the mail today, now the only thing separating me from the ultimate big game hunting and fishing is about 160 million years. This permit only lets me go to the area now known as Solnhofen, but that should be good enough. Hopefully I’ll be able to bag at least one of each of those fossils I saw at the museum.
    Day 1:
    Wow, a lot sure can change over 160 million years! When I got into the machine there was no land in sight, but now I’m right along the coast. Man, I am so glad I brought my hyper-rod along with me! It’s a pretty different environment; there are no grasses or flowers, but lots of ferns and conifers. I got here pretty late in the day, so I’ll just make shelter and call it a night.
    Shots fired: 0 Game Bagged: 0
    Day 2: Great day, got two kills. First was a real massive sucker, just sitting a little ways away from my campsite. Saw him as soon as I woke up and I was worried he’d get spooked before I could get to him, but he was still there when I came back. I snuck up on him, and then BAM, two swings from the hyper-axe and he’s gone. Never stood a chance. Anyway, he was a real beauty. 20 feet of pure fern with all the classic characteristics: tough, fibrous bark and all his leaves are clustered towards the top, almost like a lollipop. He was probably so close because he needed water for his spores to germinate. Ha, stupid pteridophytes, angiosperms are going to rock your world!
    Second kill went just as smoothly. I saw a bunch of reeds sticking out of the water that look like horsetail reeds from back home, but these ones are much larger and thicker. I took them down pretty easily by my hyper-knife, but man they sure are fibrous and tough. Probably to keep the dinos from chewing them all up. They moved a little when I got close, but just like the fern tree they didn’t spook at all.
    Successful day, but I’m curious why these plants are so immobile. All the other plants I’ve hunted have been quick and always on the lookout, but these ones just…sat there. RESEARCH WHEN YOU GET BACK!!!!!!
    Shots fired: 0 Game Bagged: 2