KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

28-04-2013

Sailesh

28-04-2013 Empty 28-04-2013

Post by Sailesh Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:21 pm

Today was an incredible Sunday and the perfect end to the weekend. I got to lie in till 10 today, the latest in over a month. I started my day by catching up on the IPL cricket highlights from the week while eating breakfast. Chris Gale’s batting was incredible and the way he smashed the record for the fastest hundred in 20/20 was incredible. I was barely able to eat my cereal I was so excited watching the game. Watching my home team was however even better. My favorite player basically won the game witch his exquisite class. After breakfast I went for an hour long cold shower. I love cooling off after being in the heat as it’s such an amazing feeling. I then began work on my take home midterm for my colonial and revolution class. It was kind of frustrating starting the paper as the professor had given us three questions to choose from but each was so vastly different. Once I decided which question to write on I began to plan it. This surprisingly took way over an hour as I wasn’t aware that we had gone through so much material already in class. Once my plan was done I actually began to write the paper but I remembered in time that we had mandatory study hours. I rushed down there and met up with all my pledge brothers. Studying in there with so many familiar faces wasn’t easy especially as I really needed to focus on my revision. I decided to catch up on my reading instead as it didn’t matter as much if I got distracted. It turned out to be a very fruitful few hours as I actually got a lot of work done. After study hours were over I returned to my room to continue working on my paper. I got through my first and second paragraphs before I realized that I was missing some crucial facts. I had to then spend hours reading through the material again to make sure that I had all the facts I needed.
    In the meantime all my friends were texting me about Holi. I really wanted to go but I knew that if I did I would regret it later because of the amount of work that I need to do before tomorrow. I managed to finish a chunk of my paper but then got bored so I switched back to revision. I have several upcoming midterms and the pressure is beginning to build. I weirdly love the feeling as I love pushing myself to achieve something because I know that when I succeed I revel in it. It’s one of the things that drives me forward and lets me work throughout the night and still be invigorated the next day.
    After that my pledge bros and I went out shopping for some stuff. By this time the sun had gone down so it was much more pleasant outside. I really enjoy the evenings in LA as it’s so beautiful watching the sun go down while walking around our gorgeous campus. We went to several shops and found nearly everything we needed. After shopping I went back to park my car and wait for my big to pick me up so we could go out for dinner. Dinner itself was awesome as we went to this awesome sushi place. I’ve never really been introduced to sushi like this before but it was actually delicious.
    When I came back I went on to continue to finish my revision. I really want to get an early night in a I have a very busy day tomorrow. Before I sleep though I’m going to call home and speak to everyone there.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 12:19 am