KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

Journal 5-9

BritLash

Journal 5-9 Empty Journal 5-9

Post by BritLash Fri May 10, 2013 2:31 am

Today was a busy and fairly good day. I was pretty exhausted because for the past three days I stayed up until 2am studying for my midterms. I slept in a little bit today and got up around 8 to get ready for my air pollution discussion at 10. I finished getting ready, grabbed an apple and headed off to class. On my way to class, I set up an appointment to take family pictures at this studio near my hometown. For Mother’s Day, my mom wanted to take a family photo since we haven’t taken one in a while. My mom has always been very obsessed and meticulous with pictures ever since we were kids so this was nothing new to me. I made the appointment and made my way into class as the TA went over this week’s major concepts. After discussion, I sat outside of Boelter to reread and revise my resume and cover letter before sending off to Ms. Arroyo. I finished up and went off campus to the parking and transportation office to get tickets to go home. I rushed back in time to make it to my Stats lab, which was very confusing. Towards the middle of class I just gave up on my lab assignment because no one knew what they were doing and our TA couldn’t explain well enough because he was trying to figure out the computations himself. I left discussion and sat down with Mr. Hyland at Kerckhoff Patio. The interview went really well and I enjoyed getting to know him. Later I went back to my room and got a few things before heading back to campus for my internship. Today’s topic was on the LGBT community and empathizing with not being accepted by the people around you or the things you value the most. We did a few interesting, thought provoking exercises before one of the chairs to BlaQue came to talk to us. I left the internship early to attend workshop with my pledge brothers. It was fun singing to Mr. Tejwani and presenting him with his poem. I found today’s workshop very informative and helpful because very rarely have I had conversations about the process of getting into to law school and what it takes. Following the meeting, my pledge brothers and I went to Rendezvous to have dinner and talk about random topics.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 5:15 am