KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

Journal (5/9):

carmona

Journal (5/9): Empty Journal (5/9):

Post by carmona Thu May 09, 2013 3:40 pm

Here is the thing about know-it-alls: Although I tend to be one, I still have the ability to keep it to myself…somewhat. Know-it-alls (at least the really irritating ones) cannot keep their mouths shut about anything and everything, and honestly, I don’t think it’s turning my back on my own kind when I say this about the quintessential know-it-all in my Russian Literature class. Characteristic of the know-it-all is the tendency of sitting in the first row so that there is absolutely NO way for the professor noticing them every five seconds when they have their hands raised. Now, don’t get me wrong, I love discussion (*snorts* yeah right kill me), but there is a point where the KIA (know it all) needs to stop ruffling their feathers, sit the eff back down, and LISTEN to the lecture that we are ALL paying to listen to. And that’s the crux of my issue right there. Yeah you may be in UCLA, and yeah, your GPA may be stellar, but you’re still here to LEARN. Now I’m not advocating for people to not talk in class, because sometimes there is real worth to their comments, but the KIA is of a different species. It doesn’t take a genius to realize that the KIA only speaks in order to be heard and not to contribute shit to the discussion. Which is why I would really REALLY like to ban the KIA from my Russian Lit class. Words cannot describe how much she irritates me. And the fact that she is so high and mighty doesn’t help at all. (sidenote: I’m not a petty high school child, but I am a petty individual who feels it is necessary to vent about people for cathartic reasons). So this is what I’m doing, because lord knows if I don’t vent through writing, I will probably implode from the KIA’s incessant need to be a professor when really all she is a common undergrad student!

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 1:11 am