KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

Journal Entry 22: May 8, 2013

tonyyuan

Journal Entry 22: May 8, 2013 Empty Journal Entry 22: May 8, 2013

Post by tonyyuan Thu May 09, 2013 2:45 am

Today I talked to my academic mentor, Ms. Polovin. She was soooooooo friendly, sweet, caring, and very knowledgeable. Our conversation was really awesome because she talked about how she was a Human Biology and Society major with a minor in Urban Planning. I just resonated with her really well because we were both south campus majors so it fit really well that she was my academic mentor. We both talked about our study habits, tips, positives, and negatives. We also talked about some classroom experiences and what we do best in terms in academically like studying in groups or going to office hours. She is an extremely organized and efficient person because she makes daily schedules for herself to allot times for when she has to do specific things, and when some things are done, she makes a reminder for herself for the next few days. She told me that this has really helped her in time management when times are busy and also that it may be hard at first to adjust, but once you get the hang of it, it is really helpful and only takes a few minutes if you keep the details short and only just write a brief statement for each activity. I learned from her this and I think it is a great idea to make a planner for myself and schedule times for me to do things because that will make me use my time for efficiently. She was really helpful because she told me a lot of good study places that I could study when places like Powell are too loud, such as the Law Library is a very good place to study. When our conversation was over, I got to know Marta personally such as things she likes to do other in her free time such as Yoga, and she is just an overall sweet person and I can’t wait for our next academic session.

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 7:55 pm