KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

Journal Entry 4/28/13

jasonhschechter
    jasonhschechter

Journal Entry 4/28/13 Empty Journal Entry 4/28/13

Post by jasonhschechter Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:56 am

Today I woke up early in order to get a number of things done. First I drove over to headlines with some friends to get a burrito. Headlines is located in westwood and is really good for breakfast. I found parking right next to the place, which was really lucky. Usually I do not get a spot so close to the restaurant. When I ordered my burrito, my friends all laughed at me, because I got a steak fajita burrito. I tend to avoid conventional breakfast foods such as omelets, sausages, and bacon for some weird reason. This is why they made fun of me for ordering such a typical meal for myself. Despite their laughter, I truly enjoyed my burrito. It tasted like a fallen angel had pressed the dough it received from god into a tortilla, with the beef of a king’s bull, surrounded with fresh vegetables that could have been picked straight from a garden in their back lot. Needless to say, I was quite full and satisfied when I finished the incredible art form of a food item.
    When I got back, I got a large amount of my homework done, which was really good. I decided that it was high time, following this, to get a haircut. My hair had grown to be really long and unruly, which I was not ok with. Thus, I decided to get a really short haircut so that I would not have to worry about it growing out in the near future. My hairdresser’s name was Barbara, which I found humorous, as her profession is a barber. I told her this joke, and she was not amused. This prompted a long period of awkward silence as she cut my hair, so I decided to think to myself.
    I thought a lot about going to study abroad next quarter. I am so excited to be going to Australia, where I will discover so many new things and have so many adventures. However, I am frightened to be away from home for so long and upset that I will not be with my friends at all. I know I will make more friends when I am there, but my best friends here cannot be replaced. I am also worried about my girlfriend. I love her very much, and I don’t want anything to come between us, but the distance of half the world is a daunting thought. It is something I try to avoid thinking about, because it is quite upsetting. I know it is something I need to face, but I am currently too preoccupied with other things to take the time to mull it over. I also feel as if I need to emotionally brace myself for such an introspective action.
    Following my haircut, I went to the beach again to go surfing. There was some traffic, but I took some side roads as a shortcut. This proved to be effective. I arrived at Malibu First Point to see extremely small waves, but sunny skies and low winds. I take what I can get when it comes to surfing in Los Angeles, so I excitedly paddled out and caught some waves. It felt great to dip into the cold, clear water and move my arms in a motion that felt as familiar as walking. I thought back to this last summer, when I taught people how to surf and smiled when I realized that I facilitated other people to feel the same way. I came in feeling completely refreshed and somewhat ready to take on the new week. I know that there will be challenges to face, but at least I will always have surfing.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:10 pm