KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

Journal Entry #3

Tyler J.

Journal Entry #3 Empty Journal Entry #3

Post by Tyler J. Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:45 am

Today was a stressful day. The combination of classwork and arranging interviews both combined synergistically to induce more work than I excepted. Oh well, so is life. As one of the lawyers I interned for always used to say “You got to suffer if you want to sing the blues.” Despite the increased stress and workload, having to write all these emails is actually rather helpful. Normally, I procrastinate about writing emails to professors/professional contacts due to a fear of saying the wrong thing; however, having to write so many of these emails has made me immune to that fear (or at least less affected by it). This may not be a good thing in the long run; however, for now it is a positive development. On top of the general stress of school, today I walked into class an hour late, having confused my lecture times. While this normally would be fine, as I could find a friend to give me notes, in this instance it was rather awkward, as it was a small seminar. This awkwardness was compounded by the fact that I believed I was slightly early, so I nonchalantly greeted everyone as I walked in. While I was later able to apologize to the professor and explain my mistake, it is still a cringe-worthy incident that I will look back on in a not so fond manner. On top of this, I have a two page German essay due tomorrow. While this normally would not be a huge assignment, my topic (writing about the daily routine of a famous person) is not very conducive to waxing poetically on. Furthermore, my incomplete knowledge of German makes this task only more difficult, as I must discern what rules I actually remember compared to the structures we have been taught so far.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:16 am