KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

Journal Entry 4-17-13

yseo

Journal Entry 4-17-13 Empty Journal Entry 4-17-13

Post by yseo Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:04 am

I accidentally slept through my alarm and was late for my 9 am class. I got ready as quick as possible and ran to class. My 9 am class is a very small class so all the classmates know each other. So when I walked in late everyone stared at me. Among those people was Mr. Ortiz. I couldn't shake his hand because the lecture had already begun and the professor was in the middle of explaining something. Mr. Ortiz smiled at me so I just smiled back and sat down at my seat. When break time came around I made my way over to Mr. Ortiz to introduce myself formally and shake his hand. However, I could not talk to Mr. Ortiz. I guess he was really tired because he put his head down on his desk and took a nap. I did not want to wake Mr. Ortiz from his slumber just to shake his hand so I returned to my seat. After the lecture I walked up to Mr. Ortiz and finally shook his head. He was very friendly and allowed me to just call him by his first name. We then shared a short conversation while walking over to Powell library. Mr. Ortiz stayed at the library to study and so I went home. I had several hours until our pledge class's first workshop so I took a quick nap and did some reading. At around 5 pm I dressed up in professional attire and made my way to campus. I met up with my pledge brothers at the fountain at the top of the Janss steps. At exactly 6 pm, Ms. Hess lead our class to a room in which Ms. Arroyo was waiting for us.
    For the next two hours we had a workshop which went over how to dress professionally and how to go about sending emails to the actives in order to set up interviews. I learned a lot from the workshop and will use what I learned right after submitting this journal entry when sending emails to the actives.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:53 am