KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

journal 5.31.13

megdavis

journal 5.31.13 Empty journal 5.31.13

Post by megdavis Fri May 31, 2013 5:05 pm

I’m really really happy it’s Friday. I think I might start off my journal like this every Friday, but I always mean it so I’d say that means it’s okay. It’s been a long week. Mostly because I’ve had really a lot of school stuff going on. Having Memorial Day off was nice, but it was only a day off in the sense that I didn’t have to go to lecture, there were still assignments and readings I was expected to have done. So, naturally, I didn’t do it and had to spend the rest of the week compensating for it. My oral final went pretty well today though. The first time I went, I got randomly selected for the easiest topic. This is both a good and bad thing really. The topic was centered more around French 2 and French 3 vocabulary, so it was easy to keep a conversation going and I didn’t have to try and find my way around words I didn’t know. The catch is that because the topic was so easy, my TA’s standards are going to be really high. I still think I did well enough that I’m not too concerned with elevated standards, but it’s hard to not be a little nervous about it. The second topic I was assigned was more difficult. I had to have a discussion with my classmate in which we compared American labor unions with French “comités d’enterprises”, which have a couple similarities to our labor unions but are quite different in the long run. We haven’t really been educated on these very much, so it was difficult to think of things to say. Still, I managed pretty well. My partner was struggling, so I did everything I could to help her out. I’m hoping that my trying to compensate for her lack of knowledge will prevent her performance from affecting my grade. Generally with oral finals, the partner’s performance shouldn’t affect you, but we were expected to have a certain level of preparation done so I am a little concerned that her lack of knowledge will make it seem like I didn’t help her prepare at all. I could just be overanalyzing this though. I have a tendency to do that with just about everything. Especially pledging. Anyways, after my final I went to Priscilla and Sai to get some shopping done for tonight. We got a lot of decorations and shopped for refreshments at Ralphs as well. It took awhile and was pretty tiring, but I still had a good time. When we got back I ate clam chowder and it was really really good because I was so tired and hungry from all of the walking around and shopping. Now, I just have to do some gift wrapping, clean myself up, and pay my rent for the month. My roommate was kind enough to offer to go to the landlord for me, so all I have to do is go to the ATM and deposit her share of the rent and rent a check for the entire cost. My poor debit card has been charged a lot lately, so I hope he can handle this. I know that he can, but I still feel bad for the poor guy. Okay, I’m talking about my debit card as if he’s a person…that either means I am too sleep deprived or have done a few too many journals. I’m going to go with being overtired, because I’ve actually kind of enjoyed journals. I also know that I don’t sleep nearly enough. But, summer is coming and I can catch up on sleep then! Or when I’m dead. Either one.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:31 am