KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

Journal 44 - 5/30/13

ronaldholden
    ronaldholden

Journal 44 - 5/30/13 Empty Journal 44 - 5/30/13

Post by ronaldholden Fri May 31, 2013 2:02 am

So, like I predicted, the 600 word journals are officially back for the remainder of the pledging period. Today was an interesting day. First of all, I had stayed up until around six o’clock in the morning painting my paddle. Unfortunately, looking at the paddles of my pledge brothers, I realize that mine is not at all that great, but it is okay because currently we are all praising each others and helping each other. It’s really mushy, though, because I have literally heard nothing bad about someone else’s paddle come out of anyone’s mouth. We really do love each other. Anyway, going back to the progression of my day. I went to sleep around six o’clock in the morning and then I woke up around 9:30 am. Unfortunately, I missed another one of my classes, but it is okay because when I walked past some of my classmates on the way to my interview, I heard that our presentation group actually did really bad. I do not say that lightly. For instance, our presentations had to be around thirty minutes each, but our section’s presentation lasted an astounding thirteen minutes. Needless to say, we have attained a big, floppy F minus. Instead of consoling my heartbroken classmates, though, I continued the trek to Scheonberg Hall, where I was set to meet up with Ms. Polovin. As my last interview, it meant a lot to me, because it became the last impression of how this fraternity will live up to my expectations. I received a lot of valuable advice from Ms. Polovin concerning academic life and pledging. She definitely made me more confident for the then impending Twin Trials, which I felt was not all that difficult. Personally, I felt like it was easy because everything I had to say about Caline came from the heart. I am not entirely sure if I should reveal this, but I honestly had no speech prepared. I know that several actives advised that I do so, but as far as defending Caline was concerned, it was second nature. There was a point in my trial that I almost got emotional, because I seriously admire my twin and I feel really proud that she will most definitely cross. Even if I am not standing next to her, I will be happy if and when she is an active member of Kappa Alpha Pi. I feel like I have a bit of an obstacle in the way of me crossing. That happens to be the absence of my pledge shirt today. From their questions, I could not really tell how they were taking it when I admitted that I forgot my pledge shirt at Mr. Hernandez’s house. There really is not an excuse for it, but I guess that I will see what happens to me tomorrow. Tomorrow will be a very exciting day, though, because not only do the Chis have our Active Appreciation Night, I have the ability to go back home, possibly get a haircut, and visit my friend Alvin for his birthday party tomorrow. The problem lies in my ability to get back to UCLA on time to get my gifts, get dressed, and make it to Jake’s before 6:30 pm, which is when all the chi pledges should be there. I will be excited to see my Bellflower friends, though, because I have been a terrible friend to them all year. This has been true even before pledging, as the times I went to visit Bellflower have been far and few in between. I know they understand, though, because they never visit me either, and we practically have adjacent schools.

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 5:53 pm