KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

Journal 5/30/13 "The Plight of the American Transvestite"

jasonhschechter
    jasonhschechter

Journal 5/30/13 "The Plight of the American Transvestite" Empty Journal 5/30/13 "The Plight of the American Transvestite"

Post by jasonhschechter Thu May 30, 2013 11:59 pm

I wrote a relevant poem today:

Why do we do what we do when we do it?
    We only do what we want went we want to do it.
    Doing what one wants is wont to wanting to do it.
    We wont want wontons as they are wanton things.
    Will wanting wonton things warrant wanting wontons?
    Wanting wanton wontons is what we won't.

It is a social commentary on gender inequality.
    I see the wantons as transvestites that are unable to know where they fit in with American society. The narration is from society itself.

American people do not want wontons (transvestites) to fit in with their daily lives. They see transvestites as abnormal and therefore they are not wanted in many jobs, groups, and friendships. The plight of the transvestite is one of many hardships and few triumphs. A transvestite fits no role, if his/her/its true nature is revealed to people who consider it abnormal. As such, transvestites must hide their true gender identities in order to assimilate into society.
    Is this what we want: a society in which people are afraid to be honest with others, because their terrible secret will be condemned? I think it is time that American society matures to be able to accept transvestites as men or women or gender neutral beings. Imagine a society in which every person was a transvestite except for a few "normies". Would these normies would be subject to critical judgment by all of the transvestites for their gender identity? I think not. I feel as if transvestites are an accepting kind of people. They harbor no resentment towards others, for they understand what it is like to be different. They understand what it is to be truly human. They understand that before he/she/it can love others, he/she/it must love himself/herself/itself first.

Please, consider what you have read and choose to be on the right side of history.

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 11:32 pm