KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

May 26th, 2013

kmatsuno

May 26th, 2013 Empty May 26th, 2013

Post by kmatsuno Sun May 26, 2013 10:08 pm

Today I went to Disneyland with my friends. Since i went as a chaperone for one of my friends' younger sister, I got to go for free so it was 100% worth it! I was initially gonna go to Jam day at UCLA but who can say no to a free Disneyland. I thought I was already too old to enjoy Disneyland but I have to be honest, it was pretty enjoyable. We first watched my friend's sister's dance performance at Disneyland hotel. Since it was hosted by Disney, there were a lot of musical themed dances but my friend's sister performed a hip hop dance. The competition was interesting since there were bunch of little kids with obnoxious make up. It reminded me of the scene of a beauty pageant from the movie Little Miss Sunshine. It was interesting to have a peek into another interesting aspect of American culture.
    After her dance performance, we all headed to actual Disneyland. We started off doing the Buzz Lightyear ride where you shoot all the aliens. Considering the fact that I am really bad with shooting games and laser tag, it wasn't surprising that I got the lowest score out of all the people in the group.
    After we finished that ride, we went ride It's a Small World. Every time I ride this, it brings back my childhood memory. Weird thing about Disneyland is that it's all the same throughout the world. I've been to Disneyland in Tokyo, Paris, and Florida but all the rides are located in the same exact locations. There is some little variations but the basic structure is the same. Anyways, It's a Small World is such a detailed ride. I bet there's over 1000 dolls in there. Looking at each of those dolls moved it creeped me out a little bit but it also made me think of the technology behind it. One of my friend is working for imagineering over the summer. He's basically going to be making all the rides for Disneyland. I never thought of a job like that but when I think about it, it's actually a really important aspect of a large amusement park like this. This journal kind of got boring even the topic is about Disneyland but I'll try to make it more interesting. The sentences might be a little bit choppy but that's because I'm writing his journal as I wait in the line for a line. When I think about doing these daily journal for only one more week, it makes me a little happy, but at the same time it's kind of sad that the pledge process is almost over. Anyways, right now, I want to get this 600 word journal over with and fully enjoy Disneyland. Back to the topic of Disneyland, after eating the overpriced dinner, we went to ride Splash mountain, my favorite ride at Disneyland. The sun was still up but is was about to set so we were worried that it was going to be cold after we get wet but we rode it anyways. In fact we rode it twice! I think splash mountain is one of the few thrilling rides at Disneyland and on top of that u get to be wet afterwards. This ride is especially nice in LA where it's always sunny and hot. After splash mountain, we went to space mountain to dry off our cloth. Since we got the fast pass earlier, we didn't have to wait in the line at all. It was first time to ride this ride for some of us so it was exciting.
    Now it's time to actually ride space mountain so I'll end my journal here.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:18 am