KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

5/14/13 Journal

ohpowers

5/14/13 Journal Empty 5/14/13 Journal

Post by ohpowers Wed May 15, 2013 1:58 am

Today I had a really long day and have a long night ahead of me. I went to all of my classes today and unfortunately fell asleep through parts of both of them. Tonight I went to café 1919 with my pbros and it was soo much fun I will definitely have to do that again. I feel really close to my class and love them a lot. Well I am currently in the process of doing a take home midterm and I have to decode 8 terms well not decode per say but define. Unfortunately I have not finished but here are 5 of them that I have had to research.
    Terms:
    Balfour Declaration:
    The Balflour Declaration was made by Lord Rothschild who was a British Jew. In his declaration he classified Jew as a race and Jewish people became an ethnic person instead of it being a religion. Lord Rothschild promised the Jewish people in Palestine. This causes for a Jewish migration to Palestine to increase; this also causes for an increase in Zionism. However Lord Rothschild promised the Jew Palestine as a national home, he did not say that it was going to become a nation state for Jewish people. The Zionist Jews take this declaration as Palestine will become a nation-state for Jewish people further increasing the tension between the Arabs and Jews.
    Napoleon Bonaparte:
    Napoleon invaded Egypt in 1798. One of the main reasons Napoleon invaded Egypt was to cut the connection routes that Britain had with India. Napoleon wanted to colonize Egypt, which is a general theme that is occurring during this time with Europeans wanting to colonize everyone. Also the French wanted to show off the new technology that France has. By doing this Napoleon was able to display the new founded power of the Europeans through industrialization.
    Industrialization:
    Industrialization is when a country starts to begin technology advancements. For example when a country begins to industrialize they begin to modernize. Countries such as Britain and France who were going through industrialization period went to the Middle East in order to attempt to modernize other countries. For example Napoleon went to Egypt with the hopes of “improving” or “advancing” Egypt. With industrialization it allowed for countries to colonize each other and show their new technological advances that could potentially intimidate other countries.
    Muhammad Ali:
    Muhammad Ali was an ethnic Albanian who was raised in Kavalla which is a city in Greece. He took power in Egypt in the year 1801 and he was second in command. Muhammad Ali helped force Napoleon out of Egypt in 1801, by helping assist in the exile of Napoleon Muhammad was able to showcase his strength and loyalty to Egypt. Muhammad Ali wanted for Egypt to separate from the Ottoman Empire. Muhammad Ali was a strong believer of independence from the Ottoman Empire. In order to do this he completely revamped Egypt he installed a bureaucracy and changed the armed forces in Egypt.
    Sykes-Picot Agreement, 1916:
    The Sykes-Picot Agreement was made in 1916 and was between the French and British. This agreement was to help decide how the Ottoman Empire should be split up. This is important because when outer powers attempt to split up a country they usually end up splitting it up in a way that separates certain cultures and people. In this agreement the British and French separated the Arab provinces outside of the Albanian territory. By doing this, the British and French would be able to control the Arab provinces, this is just another way that the European counties attempt to colonize the Middle East. However, the agreement was exposed and was therefore not carried out.

GOOD NIGHT JOURNAL afro

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:46 pm