KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

plagiarism

rpark

plagiarism Empty plagiarism

Post by rpark Tue May 14, 2013 11:49 pm

Plagiarizing. It is a constant topic that comes up in every educational system. And I am dismayed to say that we won’t be seeing the end of it anytime soon. What is plagiarizing? To put it simply, it is when somebody copies other person’s work and credits himself for it. So what would be an example of plagiarizing? Say I had to write an essay, and I was too lazy to write it. Or say I procrastinated, and now I have an hour until my essay is due. Basically, what a plagiarizing scumbag would do is to go on Wikipedia or some website that has info on what you are writing about, and copy paste it. Doing this has become so common in society today that it is thought to be acceptable by many people. However, it truly is not. I know many of my friends have plagiarized in the past because they do not think that it is out of the ordinary. They are right in that it has become so common. However, they are wrong if they think it is ok. And I think that they do think it is ok. I mean is it okay though? Look, think about it. If you plagiarize, you refuse to acknowledge someone else’s work. Did you know how long that person worked on whatever you plagiarized? That is just ridiculously unacceptable. Stop plagiarizing. Seriously. Come on now. If you invented something and I just took it away from you without even consulting, what kind of a message are you sending to the person? It shows that you are insensitive and rude. I remember when I got caught plagiarizing. I was in 9th grade, in Monta Vista High School. I was a young kid with a lot of ambitions.