KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

Journal - Mother's Day

arniks27

Journal - Mother's Day Empty Journal - Mother's Day

Post by arniks27 Mon May 13, 2013 1:08 am

Mothers, where would we be without mothers? Children would not have the motherly love that a father could not give, we would not have the feeling of love and warmth that only mothers can give and let us not forget about the human race being extinct without the reproduction of mankind. Since the beginning of mankind; women of child bearing age were mothers, and ever since the first group of humans were able to communicate they gave name to that of a woman that is able to bear a child. Now let me tell you the origins of the word mother, according to my online resources, the word mother derives from the Old English word “modor” which loosely translates to “female parent”. Mother also derives from other words of the Spanish, German, and Dutch languages. It was said from a reliable online source, that the word “mother” originated from the first words that babies actually mutter the word “ma”. In Latin the word for mother was actually mater. The Greeks used the word meter, much like the word metropolis, which means mother city. May 12 is Mother’s day the United States. We Americans like to celebrate and give thanks to those who gave birth, going through the pain and emotional ups and down through pregnancy. On this glorious day called Mother’s Day, we all like to give the love we all received from our mothers while we were growing up. We like to remind all mothers across the nation, including grandmothers, great grandmothers, mother-in-laws, and of course our mothers that they are never forgotten, they are always appreciated no matter the cost. All kinds of gifts from sons and daughters across the nations are being bought, ranging from flowers to cars. The gifts do not even have to be material things they can even be as simple as doing the dishes or giving her breakfast in bed. These are the simple things that our moms or at least my mom does on a daily basis. One of the fondest memories I have of my mom is when she surprised me at with my favorite dish, macaroni and cheese. She also surprised me by taking me to Chuck E Cheese. I love how mothers are extremely caring to their young. Even in the animal kingdom you can see that the animal mothers, lions, dogs, cats, care for their young. It’s usually the mother of the animal kingdom that hunts for the food. It’s pretty easy to be misconceived that the male lion (King of the jungle) would be the hunter of the pack, but it is actually the female lion that hunts, to so call bring home the bacon. Nowadays you would see mothers raising their only child or two or three children by themselves. Knowing that one has to go to work to put food on the table to be able to take the child to school or daycare, and then taking care of the child after a hard day’s work, is the kind of dedication many of us respect nowadays. Where would we be without a world full of mothers? These are one of the many reasons why we celebrate mother’s day, one of the many reasons why we call them mother. Ever so long ago mothers were being called nurtures and child bearers. The meaning of mother is female parent, one who raises a child. It is not called father nature, it is Mother Nature because nature takes care of us, gives us the food and water that we need to survive as a species. In conclusion, the word mother dates back as far as there were Latin speakers, words deriving from other languages, Dutch, German, Spanish, Italian and then Finally English.
    "Send This Page to a Friend!" Mother. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 May 2013.
    "Origins of the Word “mother”." Etymology. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 May 2013.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 9:16 am