KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

Journal 5/12/13

jasonhschechter
    jasonhschechter

Journal 5/12/13 Empty Journal 5/12/13

Post by jasonhschechter Sun May 12, 2013 11:44 pm

When I was young I always thought that life was going to be the same. I thought that happiness was permanent, that people are either good or evil, that things were simple and would stay that way. Then I grew up. I found out that life is not just about instant gratification and telling on the mean people to make them stop. Life is different than I once thought it would be. I don’t mind sometimes. There are a lot of feelings that come from adult responsibilities. Completing a rigorous assignment successfully and well is always a good feeling. However, there are other times when I long for when lunch was packed for me and I was never stressed out about anything.
    I watched Fight Club for the first time last night. It was a great movie in my opinion that had a complex plot and well thought-out character development. It was highly unrealistic, but raised some great “what if” questions about human nature and society. I like trippy movies like that. Momento was a great movie as well. Storylines that do not allow the reader dramatic suspense are creative in and of themselves.
    I slept in this morning, because I felt that I was getting sick yesterday. I had the normal symptoms of a cold. I had a cough, a sore throat, a stuffed up nose, and congested sinuses in general. I had a taste in my mouth that I know indicates some sort of illness has manifested itself within my body. It is never a good feeling. I woke up feeling more refreshed than when I went to bed, which makes me optimistic for my recovery.
    I went skating around campus today after eating breakfast and watching some Sunday morning cartoons. During the watching of these cartoons, I had a tuna sandwich with cheese. It was a great home-made brunch and I was very full when I set out to skate with my friends. We skated from my fraternity house over to campus, where we went from pathway to pathway until we reached the sculpture garden. After this, we skated in parking structure 3 and went all the way from there to south campus, because of the slight hill that is in between the two areas. It was very refreshing to be able to do this. We took a quick trip back to the house to grab some swimming materials, because we planned on going to sunset recreation center after skating to dip in the pool. We carried our towels, Frisbee, and sunscreen up with us and arrived at sunset recreation center at around 4:15. We tossed the Frisbee around until we were too hot to continue. While we were tossing around the Frisbee, I saw my pledge brother Ryan Park. He is also my twin. He pointed out to me that Ms. Belrose was also present, so I walked over to her in order to shake her hand. I had never seen an active at sunset recreation center, so it was somewhat of a surprise to me. We then went in the pool in order to cool off. This was also very refreshing, and I think the water was at a perfect temperature. We swam around for a bit in the deep pool and chatted about various things. When we felt ready, we got out again and threw around the Frisbee. Because of the wind, it was somewhat difficult to throw the Frisbee well. This held especially true because we were so far apart from each other. This became frustrating over time. Eventually we became hot and frustrated to the point where we wanted to go in the pool again. So we dove in and swam around until about 5:45. We then decided it was time to leave. I then came back to my house and did some homework. It was good to take the long break that I did today. I needed to let off some stress that built up yesterday from various things. I plan on meeting with my mentor, Mr. Rances, on Wednesday after workshop. I know that I was supposed to meet him last Thursday, but he has not had any time and Wednesday is the earliest he can meet.
    I am very stressed out about study abroad. Apparently all of my classes that I applied for are not offered in the upcoming semester. They are rushing me to find replacement classes and I do not have much time to do it. I am worried about getting good classes when I am in Australia. I do not know if all of the classes that I will take will be within my capacity of if they will transfer the units from the University of Sydney to the University of California, Los Angeles.
    I wonder what will happen tonight at our emergency pledge meeting. The rumor is that it is a very serious event. I hope that we will not be further punished for our previous transgressions. I am worried, considering the fact that I am on probation. The last thing in the world that I want to happen is for me to be dropped from the pledge class. I am best friends with almost all of my pledge brothers. On Friday, I drove Koya, Meg, Tony, and Olivia to Fairfax and showed them one of my favorite Los Angeles eating places; Canter’s Deli. Canter’s Deli is truly an old style deli that doesn’t need to try. We had so much fun, and I hope I will be able to do this in the future.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 4:56 pm