KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

Journal - May 11

arniks27

Journal - May 11 Empty Journal - May 11

Post by arniks27 Sun May 12, 2013 1:49 am

Today I will be writing about today, May 11 and the events that has occurred on this day that will be forever remembered. Let me start with this. We take every day for granted, except the big holidays such as Christmas in December 25, New Year in January 1, Valentine’s Day in February 14 and such. This is because we do not know the value of every single day. I think it is beneficial to know an occasion each days so that we value them. For example, some people may say that “oh September 28 is such a random day” but truly, there are occasions on that day that are relevant to the world that if that day never happened, then Hilary Duff would not be born. So, no Lizzie McGuire or Agent Cody Banks. Imagine a world without that. Ouch right in the childhood. Anyways, so I like this journal because I get to write about May 11. Right now I am completely oblivious with what is so relevant with May 11, but not for long. According to Wikipedia, in 1924, Mercedes-Benz is formed by merging two companies by Gottlieb Daimler, and Karl Benz. That is pretty awesome. I am not a big fan of Benz’s I am more of a BMW kind of person. Oooh, since today is a pretty relevant day for Mercedes Benz, I wonder if they would have great sales for their cars. It would be great if you just look up the anniversary or something of the dealership and wait for that day before you buy your car so that you can get the cars with a discount or something. Let me see, what else here is interesting. OOOh if you wanna go way back in history I have something from before the first century. In 912, Alexander becomes Emperor of the Byzantine Empire. I do not know much about history and who exactly Alexander is but it is something that is relevant, I guess. After looking at the other things in Google, I came across the website Brainyhistory.com and it seems like a pretty good website, they have everything for everyday of the year. One of the events that stood out to me is in 1994 where “Grease” opens at Eugene O’ Neill Theater in New York City for 1503 performances. That is impressive. I wonder how many performances have they done now. I love theatre. I think musicals especially are the best because I like the aspect of it where they sing and it make sense with their acting. I remember when I went to Beauty and the Beast musical last week. It was so much fun the movie is definitely different from the musical. The musical is so much lively and genuine in my opinion. Since I have nothing else to write that is relevant to the events now I will write about my day today. I mean it is an event since I consider it an important event for me. Today was pretty chill and laid back. I got a medical test today. They took my blood. I don’t remember the last time my blood was taken. I then got home and my boyfriend brought Silver Linings and Argo from Redbox. We watched Silver Linings first, one of the best movies I have ever seen. It might be in my top ten. The movie lasted I believe two hours long. During the movie my boyfriend started to make fun of me because one of the character’s name is Nikki. After Silver Linings my boyfriend took me to Chic-Fil-A. It has been awhile since I went to Chic-Fil-A. I felt a surge of excitement as we rolled up through the drive-thru window.

Works Cited
    "May 11." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 05 Dec. 2013. Web. 11 May 2013.
    "May 11 Events in History." BrainyHistory. N.p., n.d. Web. 11 May 2013.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 9:34 am