KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

Journal 25 - 5/11/13

ronaldholden
    ronaldholden

Journal 25 - 5/11/13 Empty Journal 25 - 5/11/13

Post by ronaldholden Sat May 11, 2013 4:14 pm

So, this is my only chance to actually write my journal because my day is about to become a mess on hot wheels. The Chinese American Culture Night featuring Jenni Suk is tonight. I honestly have no idea who Ms. Suk is, but apparently she is a Youtube star. Notice how she is not an actual star. That’s what I thought- she needs to learn her place. I like how eventually the 600 word journals are officially back. We definitely were not apart for too long. I am honestly not all that upset, though, because my twin literally turned in her journal once. If it was a serial offence, I would be a little madder, but I honestly have no qualms about it. I have the perfect twin and I am not afraid to show it show it show it. Tomorrow I think I am going to go see The Great Gatsby, so I am a little excited for that. Lord Jesus, Lana Del Rey released a video for “Young & Beautiful” and I thought it was heavenly. It was super simplistic, but her elegance was really all I needed. Plus, with the shadows of the musicians appearing on the walls, there was this really haunting element, which really fits the theme of both the song and The Great Gatsby…at least the book version. I honestly do not know whether or not the movie will be happy or not. With Tobey Maguire, I feel that there is potential for buffoonery, but we will see. I know that Leonardo DiCaprio’s performance will be on point, though. I really wished that he got something for playing the genius character that was Calvin Candie. Okay, we are on our lunch break, right, and the ACA staff decided to cook lunch for us. They made fried rice with chicken bits in it. It is literally a hot mess with a capital O. The amount of pepper they put in the rice is literally ridiculous. It is all I taste. They did buy cookies, though, so those taste pretty good. I know by the end of tonight, I will be really tired, but I will be done with Chinese American Culture Night and it will all be worth it. The afterparty is next week, though, but I probably will not go because it will probably be at a club, and I really do not want to pay for it. They should pay me to go, actually. So, these fools are playing Taboo right now and are as loud as a praying mantis is creepy. That means very. I mean, who invented the praying mantis? They literally serve no point in the ecological food chain and they all need to die. Who allowed a religious organism to exist? Does that mean insects believe in God? Wait, what is animals believe in a higher being? Who is to say that they do not? We literally have no way of getting into the mind of a leopard. Is survival the only thing that motivates the animal kingdom? I honestly have no idea, but it would be interesting if it was true. That was literally the perfect segue to those series of books “Animorphs”. What I loved the most about those books is that at the lower right corner of the even pages, they had different stages of a teenager turning into an animal. So, like, when you flip the pages of the book, it becomes a flip-book animation. It was actually really cool, but it makes you not want to read the book because you are fascinated by the animation. That is why “Animorphs” is my favorite book series ever.

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 11:22 pm