KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

journal 5.9.13

megdavis

journal 5.9.13 Empty journal 5.9.13

Post by megdavis Fri May 10, 2013 2:14 am

Today I am going to continue the journal I started yesterday. It was about the song “When the War Ends”. I didn’t get to write about this yesterday but I actually have a set of lyrics on my wall from this song. I handwrote the lyrics there because they speak to me so much. They are: “Closer to the mountains, woods, oceans, and rivers, and trees; closer to the soulful days that counter all our evil ways.” I love being in nature and getting away from the city. It is such an escape every Thanksgiving when my family travels up north to Big Sur. I love it there, where the redwoods meet the coastline. Just as the song says, it’s “mountains, woods, oceans, and rivers, and trees.” It is there that I realize that the world realize is a beautiful place. It is there where I realize that there are still good people in this world, even if they are hard to come by. It is there where I wonder why we all put so much importance on being financially successful and coming out on top of everyone. I wonder why we are all so competitive with each other, when we can just be helping one another. As soon as I’m there, and see how beautiful the world is, I really do feel soulful. All of my stresses and worries hardly seem to matter. I often get tempted to get a job at a lodge and just stay there. If I could spend my time just hiking around there and experiencing the world through nature, I’d be content with almost any line of work. As long as I had the money to feed and clothe myself, I’d be happy. And beyond that, my relationships with others wouldn’t be cutthroat at all, as it seems many relationships are in big cities. It seems really true to me that being closer to nature and genuinely experiencing the worlds real beauty real can create the “soulful days to counter evil ways”.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 8:32 pm