KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

Journal Entry: 5/19/2013

nress
    nress

Journal Entry: 5/19/2013 Empty Journal Entry: 5/19/2013

Post by nress Sun May 19, 2013 8:46 pm

I remember first seeing Tyler at rush, but was more focused on trying to impress the actives so that I would get a bid. However, once we became pledge brothers I really got to know Tyler for the awesome person that he is. First of all, I would say that he might be the most professional of all of the pledges. He knows a lot about how to act in the professional world and has some incredible professional skills. For example, due to his experience with Mock Trial, he is an excellent public speaker and gave a really great speech on professional conduct in front of the actives. As someone who struggles with public speaking, Tyler’s composure and level of comfort when giving a speech always impresses me. Additionally, Tyler is always on top of his game at pledge meetings. No matter what the topic, he always has something useful to contribute, even considering that he is the social chair and the social event was finished weeks ago. He is also respectful of other’s opinions and lets everyone have the chance to speak. Tyler’s brotherhood shines as well. He looks out for everyone in our pledge class and helps us get all of our stuff done. For example, Tyler is always posting on the Facebook page or in the GroupMe about group interviews that he can bring more pledge brothers to. Tyler is also one of the main pledge brothers that I know I can rely on to get something done when we need it. He is never intimidated by deadlines and he always offers to help someone out with something in order to get it in on time. At rush I kept getting told how we would “come for the professionalism and stay for the brotherhood.” I figured that it was just a saying, but meeting amazing brothers such as Tyler has made that statement true for me.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 12:44 am