KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

Gender Segregation At the Gym

LeniqueDejanne

Gender Segregation At the Gym Empty Gender Segregation At the Gym

Post by LeniqueDejanne Fri May 17, 2013 11:46 pm

The Wooden Center is composed of a first floor, a second floor, and somewhat of a third floor. The first floor houses the general lobby, cardio room, two gyms, an outside weight room, and an inside weight room. The second floor is home to racquet ball and dance rooms. The third floor serves for the rock climbing wall and more racquet ball rooms. While at the gym, I noticed that there tends to be a lot of floor mats in the main lobby area and in the cardio room but no mats are present within the weight room. I detected that women tend to use the floor mats more then men do. Women use the mats to stretch and do crutches will men do not normally stretch, they just right to there work out. The men I did notice stretching were older men. Instead of using the floor mats to do crutches, the men gravitated more to the machines that cater to help with doing crutches. The Wooden Center is set up in sections. The lobby houses a few cardio machines like the treadmill, a few ellipticals, a couple of bikes, and lots of mats. The lobby seems to cater to people who tend to stay in the gym for long periods of time. I noticed a lot of people who work out in the lobby tend to work out at a slower pace and usually are reading a book or watching television on their Ipads. The lobby area is also very quite although it does experience a lot of foot traffic from people entering and exiting the gym. Older people tend to use the machines in the lobby area. The cardio room seems to attract people who are trying to get out of the gym as fast as possible as well as try to embark on as many machines as they can. I noticed people spend a few minutes on one machine and then head to another one all in one motion. I noticed more heavier set individuals in this area of the gym working out.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:54 am