KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

May 14th, 2013

kmatsuno

May 14th, 2013 Empty May 14th, 2013

Post by kmatsuno Wed May 15, 2013 2:41 am

Today was a long day. I pulled an all nighter again. I feel like I’ve already pulled a couple this quarter already but this one was not for studying! It was for the music video for one of our missions. Throughout my time at UCLA, I’ve been part of the Film and Photography Society. In the club, I’ve been part of numbers of film crew as sounds, lights, and Assistant cameraman but I’ve never directed or led the film crew. For this mission, we decided to make a parody of Gangnam Style and I decided to volunteer myself to film and edit the video. From my previous experience in filming, I knew that this will be a time consuming process even though it is just a 2 minutes long video. Even though it was time consuming, I had so much fun making this. All my pbros were super collaborative during the shoot and they kept the idea flowing during the actual filming. We were all busy during the weekend so we pretty much only had yesterday to work on the video. After filming throughout the day yesterday, I started editing the music video around 12 after studying a little bit for my upcoming midterm. I initially thought that it wouldn’t take that long but once I started working on it, I got super into it and next thing I realize, it was almost 5am. Challenging thing about music video is that every single clips has to be in an absolute sync with the music. It was a tedious process of cutting and adding the video in 0.1 second increment but as I saw the video coming close to being completed, I became more encouraged and excited to finish it off. Once I finished the video, I posted it right away on youtube so everyone could watch them. Last time I checked it already had over a hundred view on Youtube. Considering that it was my video I posted on Youtube, it is really exciting to see those views go up. This project was really rewarding and it was worth pulling an all nighter. At lease we have one quality video that we can always look back on after if and when we cross as a class.

Since I pulled an all nighter, and only slept for 4 hours the day before, I was unable to function for the whole. I first went to line up to get the Jazz reggae ticket at CTO and I headed right to my 8am class. My 8am class was almost pointless to go since I slept through the entire class. Good thing is that my professor planned a really easier class today since he already covered all the materials for the midterm on Thursday. This professor for my management class is one of the most interesting people I’ve ever met. For example, today in class, he had a little performance with guitar and singing. At least I was able to stay awake during those performance since it was entertaining enough.

After the morning class, I decided to go back and take a nap since there was no way I was going to be productive throughout the day without getting any sleeps. It was initially going to be a one hour nap but it ended up being 3hours. After my nap, I ate lunch and went to go take my other class for the day. Of course, I fell asleep in this class too. Finishing all my classes, I headed to ackerman to study with some of my pbros for the greek alphabet until meeting. The quiz was oral so it was a bit challenging for me but I’m glad everyone passed it at the end.