KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

May 12th, 2013

kmatsuno

May 12th, 2013 Empty May 12th, 2013

Post by kmatsuno Sun May 12, 2013 10:07 pm

Even it was a beautiful day today, I decide to stay in and study today. This is because I have had too much fun these past two days despite the fact that I have two midterms coming up this week. Friday was the TV taping at Paramount Studio. We spent almost 5 hours at the TV taping but we also got some dinner afterwards. For dinner, we went to eat at the Canters. According to Jason, it’s one of the oldest Jewish Diner in Los Angeles. The menu literally had everything and the food was certainly fullfiling. We were initially going to watch the Great Gatsby on the way back but sadly the tickets were all sold out. We still wanted to do something together as a pledge class so we decided to hang out back at Jake’s apartment that night.

On Saturday, I was initially going to study for my midterms but I accidently slept in. After I got out from my bed, I had brunch with Nathan, Susanna, and Ms. Davis. Even though we ate a lot at De Neve, we decided to stop by at Ms. Liao’s event for Global Sibling program at Sunset Rec to get some free boba and In n Out Burger. It was really nice to see Ms. Liao for a little bit but I had to head back to my room to study. If there weren’t any midterms, I would have definitely stayed and enjoyed the sun for the day. At least for yesterday, I had something to look forward for in the evening. In the evening, I went to my friend’s birthday party at Santa Monica and we ate at Umami Burger. This restaurant sells a Japanese American fusion cuisine. They sell hamburgers but each of them has a little twist to the flavor. After we ate we were going to watch the Great Gatsby but the tickets were SOLD OUT again. Now I don’t really know if it’s worth watching the movie. I haven’t really heard anything good or bad about the movie so I’m worried that it’s not going to be as great as I expected. Anyways, instead of watching the movie, we walked around the 3rd street and got some Frozen yogurt at Yogurtland. Santa Monica only used to have Pinkberry but I am glad they finally make Yogurtland as well because Yogurtland is way cheaper and better.

After these two great days, I actually needed to study today. I woke up at 9am, which is super early for me during the weekend, and stayed on campus for the whole day. The libraries were all closed until 1pm so I decided to study at the upper level of Kerkoff. I haven’t really studied in this area so it was nice to have a little change. For most of the time, I was able to have a successful study session with my friends. On the way back I ran into Chris and Mr. Huang. They were apparently coming back from the gym. This quarter, I haven’t stepped into the gym at all except one time when my pledge class went in to film the human pyramid. I should probably start making some time to hit the gym soon since I’ve been running out of breath just by going up the stairs back to the dorms.

After I finish writing this journal, I’ll probably go get some dinner and study a little bit more before the emergency meeting with my pledge class. We honestly don’t have no clue what the meeting is going to be so I’m a little nervous but I feel like as long as we have each other’s back, it should be fine.