KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

Journal Entry 5/06/13

jasonhschechter
    jasonhschechter

Journal Entry 5/06/13 Empty Journal Entry 5/06/13

Post by jasonhschechter Tue May 07, 2013 2:23 am

I woke up feeling very stressed out, as I usually am these days. I knew that I would have a lot of work to do today to prepare for my back-to-back midterms tomorrow. I ordered breakfast from Jose Berstein’s in order to save time on preparing my own breakfast. I was very hungry, because I did not eat much yesterday due to the amount of work I needed to accomplish. I thought about ordering a burrito, but I realized that it is not very healthy. I think I have gained some weight due to my lack of exercise in the past few weeks. I know that as soon as I am done with pledging, I will begin a rigorous routine of exercise and diet in order to get back to my former level of fitness. In order to be more healthy, I ordered a burrito bowl instead. It was a California burrito bowl which contained the absolutely delicious ingredients of lettuce, salso, tomatoes, Spanish rice, beans, bacon, and grilled chicken. I added green salsa to the bowl in order to make it spicier. I really do love spicy food. I have always loved it. Since I was young and visited Asian countries with my family on vacations. Curry and other types of spicy foods are delectable in my opinion. I will always try to make my foods more spicy, because I think it is better than how food normally is. I ate my food in a hurry so that I could have more time to begin studying for my exams. I began with astronomy, which I left off from last night. I began with a lecture on stellar evolution. I reviewed the way in which stars begin as cloud of dust. Normally these dust clouds consist of Oxygen molecules. These oxygen molecules are attracted to each other due to gravity. As the cloud condenses, the friction of the gas particles creates heat. If the cloud of gas is massive enough, the heat generated from the condensing cloud will begin to generate fusion. As fusion occurs, a star is born through the nuclear process. This star will normally exist in such a state for another 10 billion years, until it runs out of Hydrogen to fuse into Helium in the core. As this occurs, Helium starts to fuse into carbon. This happens for about a billion years until there is no longer any helium in the core. When this happens, a helium flash of energy occurs, which causes the already red giant to expand into its second phase. This phase makes it 100-1000 bigger than it was normally as a star. However, while its core contracts and heats up, the shells of hydrogen and helium expand and cool down. Finally, the core gets hot enough that an explosion occurs in which the shells of Helium and Hydrogen are expelled outward in a violent manner. This is the creation of a planetary nebula, named for its green color. The core, a super hot and dense ball of carbon, is a white dwarf. It is about the size of earth, but as dense as the sun. So a teaspoon of it weighs 15 tons! The white dwarf eventually cools over a period of eternity. This is the life cycle of a normal sized star.
    After studying this, I did work for Political Science. I am now writing this journal After this, I will study both subjects until about 2:00am in the morning. Then I will go to sleep, wake up at 10:00am and take both of my midterms. I hope I do well in them, as well as my pledge quiz tomorrow evening.

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 8:11 pm