KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

Journal Entry 31

sabraham

Journal Entry 31 Empty Journal Entry 31

Post by sabraham Fri May 17, 2013 4:38 pm

So I was reading a thread on Reddit today, about the worst thing that babysitters have ever done to people. It was a pretty fun read at times, but then it was also really sad. I think that it is so interesting to hear what people put up with from someone that they are paying to provide themselves, and their children, a service.
    Some people had stories about how their babysitter had made them sit outside in the snow without the proper gear because they didn’t want to deal with kids. WHO DOES THAT. Kids could die! There was even one person who remembered that the babysitter dropped his little sister when she was 2. Apparently, this babysitter just picked her up wrong to make the baby stop crying and then something happened and the baby was on the ground. The babysitter told the other kid to not tell his parents. WHAT. That’s a baby!
    One of the most sad one’s I read, this kid and his little sister’s mother ha gotten a job farther away from them. Money was really tight because she was the only one earning- single mother status. Anyways she hired this babysitter and she left for work. The babysitter just stopped coming to watch the kids. One of her jobs was to walk them to school, and the kids had to walk themselves to school in the morning. BUT SHE STILL GOT PAID. That’s so sad! The guy wrote that he called the babysitter like a week later, once she had stopped showing up, and he fired her. He was like 8. He told his mom that the babysitter never showed up, and they like bonded over the fact that the kids saw how hard their mother worked for them.
    Reading these stories made me really more thankful for all of the things my mom did for me. I never had a babysitter, but she was also a single mother. Anyways… more tomorrow!

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:12 am