KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

The Terminal

CalineFarah

The Terminal  Empty The Terminal

Post by CalineFarah Thu May 16, 2013 2:34 am

Today was a sad and happy day at the same time. So I woke up pretty early to help my mom with some final details before she leaves. It was so hectic. My mom is not the kind of person to take things easy. And my family is ALWAYS late, to just about everything. I guess the environment I grew up in, in a way, led to my procrastination habits. Anyhow, she was frantically running around the house, remembering things to pack, packing last minute, making sure the house is clean, telling my brother what to do and what not to do, and the list goes on and on. My aunt, her husband, and their youngest daughter stopped by. My aunt came to help a little and to say good bye. She helped my mom pack and stuff, and I made my mom and dad sandwiches. They sat to drink some coffee, at which time I did my mom’s hair. Then up again, we got everything together and left! I sorta fell asleep in the car. But not the whole way. My little brother did too. But we got up and talked for a bit, and he was telling me stories. I could tell he was excited/nervous to go. We got to the airport, parked and rolled their luggage to check-in. After checking in, we walked around for a little bit. We checked out some stores and saw the planes loading luggage to the windows. After about half an hour, my mom and brother went through the gates. I’m really going to miss them. They should be landing in London in about 2 hours. I already want to call my mom. Anyway, after that my dad dropped me off back at UCLA. To be honest, I kind of felt weird being back. I came into my room, put my stuff down, and just lay in bed. I felt like crying, but I didn’t. I got up and went to dinner with my floor mates. Today was Philippine themed! When I got back, I changed clothes and went to our mock trial workshop. I’m pretty excited for that! Afterwards, a few of us worked on a mission. But now I’m really tired. So I’m gonna sleep. Good night!

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:05 pm