KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

asdoifh23asdf

Tyler J.

asdoifh23asdf Empty asdoifh23asdf

Post by Tyler J. Wed May 15, 2013 2:25 am

And now for the conclusion that we’ve all been waiting for. The end of the Carrey Connor direct.
    And after you finished these interviews, what did you do next?
    I conducted my underwater investigation.
    And how difficult was it to complete this underwater investigation?
    It was very difficult. Even as an experienced diver, I could feel effects of nitrogen narcosis. I could only see about 10 feet in front of me, and, as I said before, wreck dives are always challenging.
    What’s nitrogen narcosis?
    It’s similar to the bends. Due to the huge increase in pressure during a deep dive like this, nitrogen in the blood is forced into cells. Once it’s there, it acts like a narcotic. It’s actually a very similar feeling to ingesting alcohol.
    What's the main cause of nitrogen narcosis?
    To put it simply, the depth of the dive. The deeper the dive, the more pressure, the more nitrogen forced into cells thus leading to nitrogen narcosis.
    Is there a recommended depth for dives to avoid nitrogen narcosis then?
    Yes, for the average diver, staying above 130 feet is enough to avoid nitrogen narcosis. In fact, that’s the reason that it’s considered the absolute depth limit for recreational divers. They simply don’t have the training or experience to deal with the effects of nitrogen narcosis.
    Going back to the investigation, did find anything during your dive?
    Yes, I found an empty scuba tank that was later identified as Lee Allen’s.
    Once you finished your investigation, what were your conclusions regarding the dive on July 7th?
    First and foremost, I concluded that Neptune should not have led the dive on the Hepburn for two reasons: the depth of the dive was too dangerous for recreational divers and the weather conditions on July 7th made the dive especially dangerous. That is why once I completed my investigation I shut down all dives to The Hepburn for being unsuitable to recreational divers.
    How about Lee Allen's cause of death—what is your professional opinion about the cause of death in today's case?
    I concluded that there were two primary causes for Lee Allen’s death: the weather and Neptune’s abandonment of diving industry standards.
    Thank Jesus that is over. Now on to something much more interesting: the cross of Bailey Johnson (haha, his initials are B.J.)
    Bailey Johnson Cross
    I. You’re Just Jealous
    Good afternoon Mr. Johnson. Let’s talk about your relationship with Neptune. You own a scuba company, right? (B6)
    So that means that Neptune is your competition. (C11. 2-3)
    In fact you even call Neptune your biggest rival. (C11. 4)
    And Neptune has been pretty successful in the past few years, correct? (C11 1-2)
    In fact, this recent success has significantly reduced your share of the market. (C11 2-3)
    And because this, Neptune has cost you money.
    Let’s talk about how you are involved in today’s case. You volunteered to testify today, right? (A2. 2-4)
    But you’re normally paid for your work, right? (A2. 2-4)
    So you’re receiving no money to testify against your biggest rival? (A2. 2-4)
    And in addition to not charging your usual fee, you contacted Mr. Allen and asked to testify. (A2 1-2)
    II. Safety Record
    Now let’s talk about diving safety. You’re familiar with the National Scuba Diving Association’s Annual Safety Review, right? (12. 2-4)
    So you’d know that prior to this incident Neptune’s customers had never been hurt or injured. (12. 7-9)
    In fact, this is the first time that there has ever been a death or serious injury at the Hepburn sight. (18 4-6)
    And you’d also know that this also review showed that Neptune had a better safety record than your own company (14. 3-6)

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:05 pm