KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

14-05-2016

lakhiasj

14-05-2016 Empty 14-05-2016

Post by lakhiasj Wed May 15, 2013 2:14 am

Today was a really long day, it began super early when I had to get up for work. I did whatever I needed to do before 8am so I decided to laundry, Big Mistake. I managed to get my laundry into the machines and time it so that I would be done in exactly 1 hour and 45 minutes. I managed to come up to my room with no problem and get started on some reading. After 40 minutes I decided to go back down to transfer the laundry from the washing machine to the dryer. It didn’t hit me when I saw the massive crowd outside the lift that there was something wrong. It took about five minutes before someone coming up the stairs pointed out that the lift was broken. We already knew one was broken but to have both broken and live on the 8th floor is almost a nightmare. The look on people’s faces when they heard this was priceless. After taking the stairs down and putting my laundry into the drier, I began the long trek back up. It was almost as if the universe was trying to test those living in Summit because not only do we have to walk up to the top of the hill but now we have to add 8 flights of stairs too that. After waiting another 40 minutes for my clothes to dry I came back down again to bring them back up. Carrying up three loads of washing was literally a killer workout. Not only that the process threw my entire time planning out the window for the day. I had to run down to campus so as to not be late for an interview. Dressed in a suit this wasn’t the easiest of things. The looks I got too were incredibly weird as it was such a hot day and I was dressed in black. After my interview I had a few minute so I hung out with some friends that I hadn’t seen in a while. I then went down to get jamba juice, is wear I’m getting hooked on the stuff. I then went off to speak with my boss about what is happening over the next few days. I then shot off to class as I really didn’t want to miss today. The lecture was about changing demographics and its impact on the industrial revolution. Although the topic started really boring and many people left, it got really interesting when the transition was made to the effect on the industrial revolution as links were made that I never thought possible. It was because of this that class today was actually really fun. I then prepared for the meeting by learning for the quiz and everything. Today’s meeting was super relaxed and we got everything we needed to talk about sorted. The food my big got for me was incredible and surprised me as I wasn’t sure how he knew I liked that. After the meeting we went to the actives meeting which was also really fun as we got to have our picture taken. After that we then walked up to the hill as a pledge class and got desert. This is always my favorite part of the day as we just laugh a lot and relax after a long day. After that I came back to my room and finished putting away my laundry. I then began work on my papers as I really want to get them done in advance of when they are due as this time I know if I try to do it last minute it will turn out badly because there is so much information that I need to go through.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:59 pm