KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

Journallllllllll

CalineFarah

Journallllllllll Empty Journallllllllll

Post by CalineFarah Sun May 12, 2013 10:27 pm

Today is a hot day. As I have mentioned many times in my previous journals, I am home! And I will be here until Wednesday. I live in the Inland Empire and it is very hot here! It got up to 99 degrees today! But it is okay, I prefer the hot weather over cold weather. It is Mother’s Day! I am so happy I got to spend it with my entire family! My brothers and I woke up early today and made my mom breakfast in bed. This is tradition for us. We do it for my parent’s birthdays and mother/father’s day. I have also done it before for my brothers’ birthdays! I really like it, and it always puts a smile on my mom’s face. I also gave her a funny card that I bought in Ackerman, some dark chocolate and a bottle of champagne (just for kicks). After she finished breakfast, my brothers took the tray down and I stayed with my mom just to talk. Then we went downstairs so she can have her morning coffee with my dad, and I had a bowl of cereal. I went back upstairs to take a quick shower before church. It got a little hectic because church was in less than an hour and both my older brothers decided to take a nap! So my mom was not too happy about that. Anyway, I got dressed really quick, did my hair and makeup, and we left to church. Lucky us, church had started a little late, so we were, technically, on time! Church was good, and the father had a lot of really nice stuff to say about mothers! After that, my dad was saying how hungry he was. My brothers and I had planned to take my mom out to dinner, so my brother suggested we just go then. But I wanted to see Stephanie, my best friend! Who was planning on leaving back to UCI early afternoon. So we went back home to decide on what we should do. I called Steph, and told her what was up! So I ended up going over to Steph’s house for about an hour. It was really nice to see her! I missed her so much! I was sad that it was for such a short time, but anything is better than nothing. We only had enough time to briefly, and I mean really briefly, catch up. I wish we could of spend more time together, but what else could I do? I do not think I am going to see her until the end of the quarter. Anyhow, after that my family came to pick me up so we can go get lunch. We were all really hungry! We did not tell my mom where we were taking her. We went to P.F. Chang’s. Only my oldest brother had been there before. When we got there they said the wait was 1-1.5 hours. I was not too happy to hear that! But we knew, since it was mother’s day, that the wait would be the same no matter where we went. So we just waited! And I am so happy we did! The food was amazing! I think I may be obsessed with that restaurant now! Afterwards, I was really sleepy! So we drove back home, I fell asleep in the car, got up when we got home, went to my room and just knocked out. When I woke up I went online and watched last night’s episode of SNL; Kristen Wiig hosted! So now I am going to go eat some ice cream, it is far too hot in my room. Missing my pledge brothers already!

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 3:25 am