KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

Journal 5-11

BritLash

Journal 5-11 Empty Journal 5-11

Post by BritLash Sun May 12, 2013 2:30 am

Today was a great day spent with my family. I was able to sleep in this morning after a long week of midterms and work that needed to get done. I woke up around 9am to everyone in my house sleeping so stayed in my room watching tv and painted my nails until I heard someone get up. My older brother also came home last night and has always stayed up late so I knew he would not be up and ready until it was closer to noon. As I went downstairs to make breakfast, I noticed neither my parents were home. I remembered my dad had in for work at the California Instiution for Women in Chino, CA. My father works for the state as a correctional officer; different from his normal hours, he went to work today from 6am-2pm. My mom was also gone to a women’s breakfast celebrating mother’s day through our church; a family friend was giving a message about the occasion. I later learned my friend from church helped organize and put on the event for her high school. When my mom returned home, we left to run some last minute errands before we took our family pictures. My mom has also loved taking pictures, especially of my brother and I. The last time we took family photos was when was seven so she was talking about taking new ones soon. As a part of her mother’s day gift, I decided to organize the outfits and make the appointment to go this studio in our nearby mall. Before we went to run errands, we stopped by one of my mom’s clients’ houses. My mom wanted my brother and I to see how much one of her daycare kids has grown. It has been a month or so since I have seen Chase, and then he was not talking much. He is 1 ½ and now he is talking much clearer and moving around on his own. We went by their house to say hello and the Chase and his older brother, Logan came out with their parents to show off their new toys and tricks. We have known their family for a while, since Logan was about 6 months old and now he is almost 5. Logan rode around on his bike, showing off how well he could ride without his training wheels as Chase was pushed around on his scooter. I was happy to see my boys and felt a little sad departing from them at least for another 3-4 weeks. We left their house and went off to some stores to find s couple of things for the pictures. We returned home right around the time my dad got home from work and got dressed. We headed over to the studio and took several shots: half of them were in our white and peach semi-casual attire and the other set were barefoot in jeans and our shirts representing mine and my brother’s colleges. Johnny, my photographer for my senior pictures, took the shots and we were at the studio for about 4 hours taking the photos and then selecting the best shots. As we were leaving the studio, my mom and I went into a boutique to get new outfits for either church tomorrow or for our trip to Chicago in a couple of weeks. I ended up getting a mint green dress and my mom got a pink shirt. We finally left the mall and went to get burgers at my dad’s favorite fast food place: Five Guys. We got our food to go, and headed back home.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 7:24 am