KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

May 11th, 2013

kmatsuno

May 11th, 2013 Empty May 11th, 2013

Post by kmatsuno Sat May 11, 2013 8:25 pm

Jurassic Lark Lab Hunting Log (Continued)
    Day 3:
    3rd and fourth kill bagged today and finally got a chance to use my hyper-gun today. I set up a small stand to look out for any animals and my foresight was rewarded. Just a few minutes after I settled in a small dinosaur looking critter ran past me chasing insects. He was on two limbs and only a couple feet long (including his tale) and covered in scales. I snapped off a quick shot with my hyper-gun and caught him straight in the abdomen. I couldn’t believe it, right as my hyper-bullet caught him, he caught the insect he was chasing! It was trapped in his jaws and barely damaged at all! I quickly put it in a hyper-bag and sealed it so it couldn’t escape. I took both of them back to camp, and wouldn’t you know it, they looked just like the fossils I had seen. A Compsognathus and a dragon fly. The dragon fly looked just like modern ones. Fours iridescent wings and an elongated tail. Went back to stand, didn’t see any other new critters for the rest of the day.
    Shots fired: 1 Game Bagged: 4
    Day 4:
    Bagged three game today, man I’m on a roll! Decided to go to looking for something that could provide a little more of a challenge. Settled on trying to hunt some flying prey. Loaded some hyper-bird shot into my hyper-gun and then took out my hyper-binoculars to try and spot something. Waited three hours. Finally saw a small pterodactyl looking creature flying around by the cliffs. It was only about the size of a piece of printer paper, but it had a long snout and did not look herbivores. It’s wings were some of membrane stretched over a bone. I took one shot and missed to the right, which spooked it. It dove down and to the left, but my second shot was on target. Unfortunately, it fell out in the water, so I had to go grab it. While I was wading out I suddenly felt something crunch underneath my boot. I looked down and saw the crushed remnants of a shrimp-like crustacean. It had a body of a lobster but was only a couple inches long. The enterprising little bugger was probably trying to scavenge my kill! Turnabout’s fair play, so I collected both the little crustacean and the pterodactyl and went back to camp. There was still plenty of day light left, so I decided to take the crushed crustacean and see if I could catch anything. After attaching it to the hyper-hook on my hyper-rod, I cast into the water. Took about 45 minutes of casting to finally get something to bite. Unfortunately, what was on the line wasn’t too exciting. Just a small, regular looking fish. It did have some wicked looking teeth on it as well as some large forward facing eyes, which indicated it was a predator, so at least I proved that humanity is better than a Jurassic hunter. No more fish bit after that.
    Shots fired: 3 Game Bagged: 7
    Night 4:
    Woken up by something rustling by my hyper-tent. Got out my hyper-gun and hyper-flashlight and burst out of my tent to find another pterodactyl looking creature trying to eat the fish I had caught earlier. It was much larger than the one I had seen earlier and a shorter snout. I quickly pumped a round into it, but only caught the tip of its wing. It started to fly off but I caught it dead center with another hyper-bullet and it fell straight down. Walking over I saw that I had hit the stomach, and I could see the remains of the fish it had eaten earlier. It was probably attracted here by the fish I had laying around outside my tent. NOTE TO SELF: DON’T LEAVE KILLS OUT UNATTENDED.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 5:35 pm