KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

journal 5.2.13

megdavis

journal 5.2.13 Empty journal 5.2.13

Post by megdavis Fri May 03, 2013 2:45 am

It seems as if everyone I know is going through a really rough time lately. I haven’t had the best week, and most of my best friends have really been struggling with some major things too. Obviously everyone always has their own struggles and hardships, but this week seems to be particularly dismal for my circle of friends. I was talking to my suitemate last night about coping with it all. We were discussing how in the moment of all the terrible things going on, it doesn’t seem to be that bad. It sucks, yeah, but it always seems manageable. It’s as if the mind blocks out the terror behind the situation and just goes into survival mode. But then, when it is either over or things have calmed down momentarily, it becomes so much more real how awful it is. Once you don’t have to actively be dealing with it, you realize just how challenging it is to handle. In many ways, this makes sense. It’s somewhat similar to how adrenaline can make you physically capable of more than you could handle in an ordinary situation. But in some ways, it really doesn’t entirely make sense. Why is it that we shut down once the issue is resolved? I suppose it could be because you finally don’t have to put on a brave face, and all of the emotion you were containing can finally be realized. Mostly, I just wonder why that emotion needs to so desperately be released once a situation is taken care of. If everything is okay, why do we have leftover emotions from before? Why is it that all of those bad feelings can’t just go away once everything is fixed? Maybe it’s because nothing can ever be truly fixed. But I don’t think that’s it; the world isn’t that terrible. I guess I won’t ever really know why, I’ll just have to learn how to manage it.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 3:49 am