KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

My journal

Yeon

My journal Empty My journal

Post by Yeon Sat May 25, 2013 2:51 am

Hey journal. The mouse pad in front of me is blue, pink, orange, and yellow and they are skulls. I think they are from Dia de Los Muertos. I really don’t know a lot about Dia de Los Muertos because I am Korean, but I would be interested to learn more about it. All I know is that they make sugar skulls and set up altars to honor the dead as well as put food on the graves. They do this because they think the dead will come and eat the food. Olivia and her friend have been watching a Korean drama called To the Beautiful You. It was adapted from a Japanese manga called Hana no Kimi. So in this drama, the main girl has been in America for five years and then she is watching the Olympics and is cheering for Team Korea during the track and field events. The guy main character whose name I can’t remember does the high jump for Korea and the main girl sheds a single tear while watching him perform this high jump. He gets the gold medal and brings the gold home for Korea, my motherland. Then, the girl’s host family in the United States, lets her go back to Korea to finish high school there. She joins an all-boys school in order to get closer to the high jumper, who goes there, and actually ends up being his roommate. She cuts her hair to look like a guy even though she still looks a lot like a girl. I’m going to add my personal opinion: Even though there are a lot of effeminate looking guys in Korea, I don’t understand how they couldn’t tell she was a girl since she totally looks like one and she didn’t change her voice, although she does wrap her really tiny chest to get rid of the appearance of her boobs. I think it works though, because she was originally flat-chested. She makes this friend who has terrible hair. He plays soccer and he has the worst bowl cut in the history of the universe. He constantly takes selfies and posts dumb quotes and blogs about them. He stars having conflicting feelings about his sexuality since he starts sort of crushing on the main character who he doesn’t know is a girl. He does a lot of awkward stares and holding and takes creeper photos of her on his phone. He even asks a guy if it’s okay to kiss a guy. When the main character girl needs CPR because someone pushes her off of the highest level of an Olympic sized diving board, he can’t even bear to give her CPR. Even though she has been in America since she was five, her English is really bad. She has a host brother who comes to Korea to visit her and finds out that she’s at an all-boys school. He then tries to take her home, back to the United States of America. However, she has the doctor at the school who is the only person who knows she is a female, get the brother drunk when they have a drinking competition about who can take the most shots, and he lets her stay until she sees the main character guy jump. He can’t jump anymore because he recently had an injury and now supposedly has Yips syndrome. I googled this today and learned that it is actually a serious condition that can prevent athletes from performing their sports correctly. I thought this wasn’t real and they just made this up and made it sound fancy and clinical.

I love Korea afro

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:04 am