KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

Revised Journal

Sailesh

Revised Journal Empty Revised Journal

Post by Sailesh Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:38 pm

Today was a very eventful and educating day for me. It started with a long conversation with an old friend who is about to start a new phase in her life. I think it was the drive in her voice that incentivized me to work harder when I myself went into work today. With only one class today, i told myself that i had no reason to slack off and that every word should be absorbed and processed. With midterms coming up i know I need to start pushing myself harder academically. Class ended up actually being really fun but the room itself was too hot so a lot of people left really early. Following class I changed into my professional attire. I’m just glad that the sun had gone down a little and it wasn’t as hot by this time. Class was followed by a pledge meeting to instruct us on professional dress, handshakes, emails and interviews. I learnt a lot from the information, especially the bit about emails and handshakes. The professional dress part was also very interesting as it was good to know what other people thought about the way I dressed and how it differs from the formal way. Following the meeting the pledges stayed to finalize the organization for the meal on Saturday. It felt good to actually have a plan by the time we all left. On returning to the rooms I sent out my first emails concerning interviews with active members. My triplet and I also got round to organizing a time when we’re all free to meet to get to know each other better. I’m kind of excited about the weekend and the retreat. It’ll be good to get off campus! I’m also super excited to represent by wearing the pink pledge shirt tomorrow!

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:30 am