KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

Journal Entry

ohpowers

Journal Entry Empty Journal Entry

Post by ohpowers Sat May 04, 2013 3:00 am

If I were to compare the Chi pledge class to a forest, then Sai would be the ground from which everything draws life, as he keeps us all together. Sammi would be the lion/tiger that roams around, as she is the president and thus the queen of the jungle. Ronald, Tony, and Caline would be the trees that shade and nourishment for everyone, as they always are willing to help anyone out. Yeon, Nick, and Meg would be the fruit bearing trees (like mangoes or some other sort of fruit/nut), as they are gentle and kind and also willing to sacrifice themselves for the rest of the class. Lenique, Britanni, Koya, and Priscilla would be some sort of herbivore creature. Maybe a deer? Basically, we all are willing to sacrifice for other members like the herbivores, but we don’t sacrifice quite as much. Yeon, Nick, Meg and Tyler would be the omnivores. Probably a monkey of some sort. All of them help bridge the gap in between us and more voracious carnivores. I realize this metaphors starting to fall apart a little bit (I mean we are not feasting on each other), but I’ve committed. Jake, Cindy, and Nikki are the other carnivores in the class. Although they may sometimes seem to be not as involved in the process, they serve the integral part of making sure that everyone is “recycled” (by which I mean inspired to keep pledging because of their humor). I don’t know where to put myself in this. I mean, the jungle metaphor sort of failed half way through, but that’s ok. I sort of feel uncomfortable putting my feelings towards my brothers into words. I mean, they’re all awesome people and I just can’t express that in the right way (especially under such a short time frame).

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:22 am